製品名XE-991 dihydrochloride, KCNQ channel blocker; blocks M current
製品の詳細Potent, selective KCNQ channel blocker; blocks M current
生理活性の詳細Potent and selective blocker of KCNQ voltage-gated potassium channels. Blocks M current. (IC50 values are 0.98 μM (M-current), 0.71 μM (KCNQ 2), 0.75 μM (KCNQX 1), >100 μM (Kv1.2) and >43 μM (Kv4.3). Potent pulmonary vasoconstrictor. Cognitive enhancer following oral administration in vivo.
保存方法Store at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Soluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To assess the effects of blockade of muscarine-dependent K+ current, IM, under voltage clamp conditions, and to determine if carbachol, CCh, acts through the blockade of an additional conductance other than IM, voltage ramps were performed in ACSF containing TTX (0.5 µM), ZD7288 (50 µM), prior to and during sequential addition of XE-991 (10 µM) and CCh (50 µM) (n=9). Application of XE-991 in the presence of TTX and ZD7288 resulted in a significant increase in current required to hold neurons at −60 mV (−18.1±6.6 pA; N–K: p<0.05).
Bath application of XE-991 (10 µM; white bar) resulted in an inward current in cells held at −60 mV indicating that the cells express IM, and the subsequent perfusion with CCh (50 µM) resulted in an additional inward current, suggesting that CCh blocks a second K+ conductance (*: p<0.05).
Left - Theta burst stimulation (TBP) does not induce long-term potentiation (LTP) under control conditions. Coincident TBP of subthreshold excitatory post-synaptic potentials (EPSPs) and somatic action potentials induced no change in EPSC amplitude in the test (black circles) or control (white circles) pathways. The arrow indicates the timing of the TBP protocol. Example voltage traces show the initial burst of 5 coincident EPSPs and action potentials and a single test burst of 5 subthreshold EPSPs. Example current traces from a single experiment illustrating the mean EPSC response during the baseline (1) and at 30–35 minutes (2) in the test and control pathways.
Right - TBP does induce LTP in the presence of the Kv7 channel inhibitor XE-991 (ab120089). In the presence of XE-991 (10 µM), coincident TBP of subthreshold EPSPs and somatic action potentials induced pathway-specific LTP.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120089 は 28 報の論文で使用されています。
- Sahu G et al. Junctophilin Proteins Tether a Cav1-RyR2-KCa3.1 Tripartite Complex to Regulate Neuronal Excitability. Cell Rep 28:2427-2442.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31461656
- Soh H et al. Deletion of KCNQ2/3 potassium channels from PV+ interneurons leads to homeostatic potentiation of excitatory transmission. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30382937
- Mani BK et al. Kv7.5 Potassium Channel Subunits Are the Primary Targets for PKA-Dependent Enhancement of Vascular Smooth Muscle Kv7 Currents. Mol Pharmacol 89:323-34 (2016). PubMed: 26700561
- Martinello K et al. Cholinergic afferent stimulation induces axonal function plasticity in adult hippocampal granule cells. Neuron 85:346-63 (2015). PubMed: 25578363
- Leroy F et al. Potassium currents dynamically set the recruitment and firing properties of F-type motoneurons in neonatal mice. J Neurophysiol 114:1963-73 (2015). PubMed: 26269551