Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric/Fluorometric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 40 min
- Sample type: Cell culture extracts, Milk, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Sensitivity: 10 mU/ml
製品名Xanthine Oxidase Activity Assay Kit
サンプルの種類Milk, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Cell culture extracts, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
検出感度> 10 mU/ml
検出範囲10 mU/ml - 1000 mU/ml
Xanthine Oxidase Activity Assay Kit ab102522 is an easy and sensitive assay to determine xanthine oxidase activity in variety of samples.
In the xanthine oxidase assay protocol, xanthine oxidase oxidizes xanthine to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) which reacts stoichiometrically with a probe to generate color (at OD = 570 nm) and fluorescence (at Ex/Em = 535/587 nm). Since the color or fluorescence intensity is proportional to XO content, the XO activity can be accurately measured.
The kit detects 1-100 mU xanthine oxidase in 100 µl reaction volume.
Xanthine oxidase assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix
- analyze with microplate reader immediately and after 10-20 min
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K710 Xanthine Oxidase Activity Colorimetric/Fluorometric Assay Kit. K710-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab102522.
Xanthine oxidase (XO, EC 22.214.171.124 ) is present in appreciable amounts in the liver and jejunum in healthy individuals. However, in various liver disorders, XO is released into circulation. Therefore, determination of serum XO level serves as a sensitive indicator of acute liver damage such as jaundice.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 ラベル 100 tests H2O2 Standard (0.88 M) Yellow 1 x 0.1ml OxiRed Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl XO Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml XO Enzyme Mix (Lyophilized) Green 1 vial XO Positive Control Blue 1 x 8µl XO Substrate Mix (Lyophilized) Purple 1 vial
関連性Xanthine oxidase (XO, EC 126.96.36.199 ) is present in appreciable amounts in the liver and jejunum in healthy individuals. However, in various liver disorders, XO is released into circulation. Therefore, determination of serum XO level serves as a sensitive indicator of acute liver damage such as jaundice.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm. Peroxisome. Secreted.
- Xanthine dehydrogenase/oxidase
- Xanthine oxidoreductase
ab102522 は 11 報の論文で使用されています。
- Kimura Y et al. Canagliflozin, a sodium-glucose cotransporter 2 inhibitor, normalizes renal susceptibility to type 1 cardiorenal syndrome through reduction of renal oxidative stress in diabetic rats. J Diabetes Investig 10:933-946 (2019). PubMed: 30663266
- Yang Y et al. Amelioration of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease by swertiamarin in fructose-fed mice. Phytomedicine 59:152782 (2019). PubMed: 31005808
- Bandyopadhaya A et al. Pseudomonas aeruginosa Quorum Sensing Molecule Alters Skeletal Muscle Protein Homeostasis by Perturbing the Antioxidant Defense System. mBio 10:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31575771
- Muthuramu I et al. Cholesterol lowering attenuates pressure overload-induced heart failure in mice with mild hypercholesterolemia. Aging (Albany NY) 11:6872-6891 (2019). PubMed: 31484164
- Wert KJ et al. Extracellular superoxide dismutase (SOD3) regulates oxidative stress at the vitreoretinal interface. Free Radic Biol Med 124:408-419 (2018). PubMed: 29940351