Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Von Willebrand Factor
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
精製度Protein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9378 in the following tested applications.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 250 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 309 kDa).|
機能Important in the maintenance of hemostasis, it promotes adhesion of platelets to the sites of vascular injury by forming a molecular bridge between sub-endothelial collagen matrix and platelet-surface receptor complex GPIb-IX-V. Also acts as a chaperone for coagulation factor VIII, delivering it to the site of injury, stabilizing its heterodimeric structure and protecting it from premature clearance from plasma.
関連疾患Defects in VWF are the cause of von Willebrand disease (VWD) [MIM:277480]. VWD defines a group of hemorrhagic disorders in which the von Willebrand factor is either quantitatively or qualitatively abnormal resulting in altered platelet function. Symptoms vary depending on severity and disease type but may include prolonged bleeding time, deficiency of factor VIII and impaired platelet adhesion. Type I von Willebrand disease is the most common form and is characterized by partial quantitative plasmatic deficiency of an otherwise structurally and functionally normal Willebrand factor; type II is associated with a qualitative deficiency and functional anomalies of the Willebrand factor; type III is the most severe form and is characterized by total or near-total absence of Willebrand factor in the plasma and cellular compartments, also leading to a profound deficiency of plasmatic factor VIII.
配列類似性Contains 1 CTCK (C-terminal cystine knot-like) domain.
Contains 4 TIL (trypsin inhibitory-like) domains.
Contains 3 VWFA domains.
Contains 3 VWFC domains.
Contains 4 VWFD domains.
ドメインThe von Willebrand antigen 2 is required for multimerization of vWF and for its targeting to storage granules.
翻訳後修飾All cysteine residues are involved in intrachain or interchain disulfide bonds.
N- and O-glycosylated.
細胞内局在Secreted. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Localized to storage granules.
- Information by UniProt
- Coagulation factor VIII antibody
- Coagulation factor VIII VWF antibody
- F8VWF antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human tonsil tissue labelling Von Willebrand Factor with ab9378.
Anti-Von Willebrand Factor antibody (ab9378) at 1 µg/ml + Lung (Human) Tissue Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 309 kDa
Observed band size: 250 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 40 kDa, 50 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Many bands of varying sizes can be seen on Western blots, perhaps indicating differential processing by ADAMTS13 and other enzymes
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded Human tonsil tissue, staining Von Willebrand Factor with ab9378.
ab9378 は 15 報の論文で使用されています。
- Shin E et al. The Gata1low murine megakaryocyte-erythroid progenitor cells expand robustly and alter differentiation potential. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 528:46-53 (2020). PubMed: 32456797
- Geng W et al. Exosomes from miRNA-126-modified ADSCs promotes functional recovery after stroke in rats by improving neurogenesis and suppressing microglia activation. Am J Transl Res 11:780-792 (2019). PubMed: 30899379
- Vattulainen-Collanus S et al. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling is required for RAD51-mediated maintenance of genome integrity in vascular endothelial cells. Commun Biol 1:149 (2018). PubMed: 30272025
- Ling L et al. bFGF promotes Sca-1+ cardiac stem cell migration through activation of the PI3K/Akt pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:2349-2356 (2018). PubMed: 29207135
- Smeda M et al. Nitric oxide deficiency and endothelial-mesenchymal transition of pulmonary endothelium in the progression of 4T1 metastatic breast cancer in mice. Breast Cancer Res 20:86 (2018). PubMed: 30075800