製品名Valproic acid, sodium salt, Histone deacetylase inhibitor
製品の詳細Histone deacetylase inhibitor
- 2-propylpentanoic acid sodium
- Sodium 2-propylpentanoate
- Sodium valproate
- Valproate sodium
生理活性の詳細Histone deacetylase inhibitor (IC50 = 0.4 μM for HDAC1). Increases GABA expression and activates Wnt dependent gene expression. Centrally active upon oral and intravenous administration.
保存方法Store at Room Temperature. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120745 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab70362 staining adiponectin receptor 1 in HepG2 cells treated with valproic acid, sodium salt (ab120745), by ICC/IF. Increased cytoplasmatic staining of adiponectin receptor 1 correlates with increased concentration of valproic acid, as described in literature. The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120745 (valproic acid) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab70362 (5 μg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
This product has been referenced in:
- De Sarno P et al. Regulation of Akt and glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta phosphorylation by sodium valproate and lithium. Neuropharmacology 43:1158-64 (2002). Read more (PubMed: 12504922) »
- Phiel CJ et al. Histone deacetylase is a direct target of valproic acid, a potent anticonvulsant, mood stabilizer, and teratogen. J Biol Chem 276:36734-41 (2001). Read more (PubMed: 11473107) »
- Keane PE et al. The effects of analogues of valproic acid on seizures induced by pentylenetetrazol and GABA content in brain of mice. Neuropharmacology 22:875-9 (1983). Read more (PubMed: 6413882) »