製品名Tunicamycin, Protein glycosylation inhibitor
製品の詳細Antibiotic. Protein glycosylation inhibitor.
生理活性の詳細Nucleoside antibiotic that inhibits protein glycosylation. Inhibits GlcNAc phosphotransferase (GPT) and inhibits the transfer of N-acetylglucosamine-1-phosphate from UDP-N-acetylglucosamine to dolichol phosphate in the first step of glycoprotein synthesis. Inhibits N-linked glycosylation and blocks the formation of N-glycosidic protein-carbohydrate linkages. Active in vitro against Gram-positive bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses.
This compound is a mixture of the homologs of tunicamycin: A, B, C and D which vary in the carbon chain length (n=8 to 11)
分子式C39H64N4O16 (for tunicamycin C, n = 10)
保存方法Store at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in DMSO to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120296 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
All lanes : Anti-ATF-4 antibody [EPR18111] (ab184909) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Untreated HepG2 (Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate (control)
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) treated with 5 µM MG-132 (ab141003) and 3 µg/ml tunicamycin (ab120296) for 6 hours whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/100000 dilution
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 15 seconds
Blocking/Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
The molecular weight observed is consistent with what has been described in the literature (PMID: 22095285).
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120296 は 6 報の論文で使用されています。
- Thiebaut PA et al. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B regulates endothelial endoplasmic reticulum stress; role in endothelial dysfunction. Vascul Pharmacol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29894845
- Wu J et al. Tunicamycin specifically aggravates ER stress and overcomes chemoresistance in multidrug-resistant gastric cancer cells by inhibiting N-glycosylation. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:272 (2018). PubMed: 30413206
- Huang Q et al. DiDang Tang Inhibits Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Mediated Apoptosis Induced by Oxygen Glucose Deprivation and Intracerebral Hemorrhage Through Blockade of the GRP78-IRE1/PERK Pathways. Front Pharmacol 9:1423 (2018). PubMed: 30564125
- Oh-Hashi K et al. Application of a novel HiBiT peptide tag for monitoring ATF4 protein expression in Neuro2a cells. Biochem Biophys Rep 12:40-45 (2017). PubMed: 28955790
- Wang L et al. Curcumin inhibits lipolysis via suppression of ER stress in adipose tissue and prevents hepatic insulin resistance. J Lipid Res 57:1243-55 (2016). PubMed: 27220352
- Granados-Principal S et al. Inhibition of iNOS as a novel effective targeted therapy against triple-negative breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res 17:25 (2015). PubMed: 25849745