製品名Telmisartan, angiotensin II (AT1) antagonist
製品の詳細Selective angiotensin II (AT1) antagonist
生理活性の詳細Selective AT1 receptor antagonist (Ki = 3.7 nM) . Partial PPAR-γ agonist.
保存方法Store at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in DMSO to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120831 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab8934 staining PPARα in serum starved HepG2 cells treated with telmisartan (ab120831), by ICC/IF. Increase in PPARα expression correlates with increased concentration of telmisartan, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 6h in media containing different concentrations of ab120831 (telmisartan) in DMSO, fixed with 100% methanol for 5 minutes at -20°C and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab8934 (5 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
This product has been referenced in:
- Kusunoki H et al. Telmisartan exerts renoprotective actions via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-?/hepatocyte growth factor pathway independent of angiotensin II type 1 receptor blockade. Hypertension 59:308-16 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22252391) »
- Nakagami H & Morishita R Obesity and gastrointestinal hormones-dual effect of angiotensin II receptor blockade and a partial agonist of PPAR-?. Curr Vasc Pharmacol 9:162-6 (2011). Read more (PubMed: 21143167) »
- Wienen W et al. Pharmacological characterization of the novel nonpeptide angiotensin II receptor antagonist, BIBR 277. Br J Pharmacol 110:245-52 (1993). Read more (PubMed: 8220885) »