Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Survivin DEx3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
製品名Anti-Survivin DEx3 antibody
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to Survivin DEx3
特異性This antibody has been tested in Western blotting against equal loadings of purified wild type survivin, 2B and DEx3. When used at 1/250, it detects a single clean (but weak) band of the appropriate size for DEx3, but no band is detected with wild type survivin or 2B. We have not succeeded in detecting endogenous Survivin DEx3 using this antibody (Survivin DEx3 is expressed at very low levels). This antibody has been used successfully however, to detect overexpressed Survivin DEx3 in whole cell extracts.
アプリケーション適用あり: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Survivin DEx3 aa 50-150.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive result in HeLa cell line in ICC/IF
特記事項This antibody should be aliquoted to reduce freeze-thaw cycles as it loses performance quickly after multiple freeze-thaws.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3731 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
関連性Survivin is expressed in G2/M phase in a cycle regulated manner. At the beginning of mitosis, survivin associates with mitotic spindle microtubules, this is essential for survivin's anti-apoptosis function. Survivin may counteract a default induction of apoptosis in G2 / M phase. Survivin over-expression in cancer may overcome this apoptotic checkpoint. Survivin DEx3 (lacking exon 3) and survivin-2B (retaining a part of intron 2 as a cryptic exon) are isoforms of survivin that behave differently to survivin. Skipping of exon 3 in survivin-Ex3 results in a modification of the BIR domain, followed by an additional frame shift in exon 4. In consequence, the open reading frame of Survivin DEx3 ends in the 3' untranslated region of survivin at position 581 and generates a novel 63 amino acids-long COOH-terminal tail in survivin-Ex3 coded by 87 nucleotides of exon 4 and 103 nucleotides of the original 3' untranslated region. See Mahotka et al. 1999 for more details.
細胞内局在Cytoplasmic and Nuclear
- API4 antibody
- Apoptosis Inhibitor 4 antibody
- BIRC5 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab3731 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab3731, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab3731 は 6 報の論文で使用されています。
- Waligórska-Stachura J et al. Survivin DEx3 as a biomarker of thyroid cancers: A study at the mRNA and protein level. Oncol Lett 13:2437-2441 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28454416
- Waligorska-Stachura J et al. Decreased expression of survivin 2B in human pituitary adenomas. A preliminary study. Folia Histochem Cytobiol 55:21-25 (2017). PubMed: 28509313
- Doucette T et al. Survivin transcript variant 2 drives angiogenesis and malignant progression in proneural gliomas. Neuro Oncol N/A:N/A (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24676140
- Végran F et al. Association of p53 gene alterations with the expression of antiapoptotic survivin splice variants in breast cancer. Oncogene 26:290-7 (2007). PubMed: 16847456
- Noton EA et al. Molecular analysis of survivin isoforms: evidence that alternatively spliced variants do not play a role in mitosis. J Biol Chem 281:1286-95 (2006). PubMed: 16291752
- Caldas H et al. Survivin splice variants regulate the balance between proliferation and cell death. Oncogene 24:1994-2007 (2005). PubMed: 15688031