Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to SMC4
- Suitable for: ChIP, ICC/IF, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
SMC4 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to SMC4
アプリケーション適用あり: ChIP, ICC/IF, WB, IPmore details
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Human
交差が予測される動物種: Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Chinese hamster, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide representing aportion of human SMC4 lying within exon 23 (C terminal).
- 293T cells, normal human lymphoblasts
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
バッファーPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab17958 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 20622854|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 150 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
機能Central component of the condensin complex, a complex required for conversion of interphase chromatin into mitotic-like condense chromosomes. The condensin complex probably introduces positive supercoils into relaxed DNA in the presence of type I topoisomerases and converts nicked DNA into positive knotted forms in the presence of type II topoisomerases.
組織特異性Widely expressed. Higher expression in testis, colon, thymus.
配列類似性Belongs to the SMC family. SMC4 subfamily.
ドメインThe hinge domain, which separates the large intramolecular coiled coil regions, allows the heterodimerization with SMC2, forming a V-shaped heterodimer.
細胞内局在Nucleus. Cytoplasm. Chromosome. In interphase cells, the majority of the condensin complex is found in the cytoplasm, while a minority of the complex is associated with chromatin. A subpopulation of the complex however remains associated with chromosome foci in interphase cells. During mitosis, most of the condensin complex is associated with the chromatin. At the onset of prophase, the regulatory subunits of the complex are phosphorylated by CDC2, leading to condensin's association with chromosome arms and to chromosome condensation. Dissociation from chromosomes is observed in late telophase.
- Information by UniProt
- CAP C antibody
- CAPC antibody
- Chromosome associated polypeptide C antibody
ab17958 at 0.2
µg/ml detecting SMC4 from 90 µg of whole cell lysate from 293T cells (left hand lane) or from normal human lymphoblasts (right hand lane) by western blot. The blot was detected by ECL. ab17958 at 0.2µg/ml detecting SMC4 from 90µg of whole cell lysate from 293T cells (left hand lane) or from normal human lymphoblasts (right hand lane) by western blot. The blot was detected by ECL.
ICC/IF image of ab17958 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab17958, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
SMC4 was immunoprecipitated using 0.5mg Hek293 whole cell extract, 5µg of Rabbit polyclonal SMC4 and 50µl of protein G magnetic beads (+). No antibody was added to the control (-).
The antibody was incubated under agitation with Protein G beads for 10min, Hek293 whole cell extract lysate diluted in RIPA buffer was added to each sample and incubated for a further 10min under agitation.
Proteins were eluted by addition of 40µl SDS loading buffer and incubated for 10min at 70oC; 10µl of each sample was separated on a SDS PAGE gel, transferred to a nitrocellulose membrane, blocked with 5% BSA and probed with ab17958.
Secondary: Mouse monoclonal [SB62a] Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG light chain (HRP) (ab99697).
Band: 200kDa: SMC4; non specific - 65kDa: We are unsure as to the identity of this extra band.
ab17958 は 8 報の論文で使用されています。
- Xing X et al. Nesprin-2 Interacts with Condensin Component SMC2. Int J Cell Biol 2017:8607532 (2017). PubMed: 29445399
- Gerasimova T et al. A structural hierarchy mediated by multiple nuclear factors establishes IgH locus conformation. Genes Dev 29:1683-95 (2015). ChIP ; Mouse . PubMed: 26302788
- Yokoyama Y et al. A novel role for the condensin II complex in cellular senescence. Cell Cycle 14:2160-70 (2015). PubMed: 26017022
- Murakami-Tonami Y et al. Inactivation of SMC2 shows a synergistic lethal response in MYCN-amplified neuroblastoma cells. Cell Cycle 13:1115-31 (2014). PubMed: 24553121
- Pan X et al. YY1 controls Ig? repertoire and B-cell development, and localizes with condensin on the Ig? locus. EMBO J 32:1168-82 (2013). PubMed: 23531880
- Huang K et al. Ribosomal RNA gene transcription mediated by the master genome regulator protein CCCTC-binding factor (CTCF) is negatively regulated by the condensin complex. J Biol Chem 288:26067-77 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23884423
- Dávalos V et al. Human SMC2 Protein, a Core Subunit of Human Condensin Complex, Is a Novel Transcriptional Target of the WNT Signaling Pathway and a New Therapeutic Target. J Biol Chem 287:43472-81 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23095742
- Liu W et al. PHF8 mediates histone H4 lysine 20 demethylation events involved in cell cycle progression. Nature 466:508-12 (2010). WB, CHIPseq ; Human . PubMed: 20622854