Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Serine Palmitoyltransferase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
製品名Anti-Serine Palmitoyltransferase antibody
Serine Palmitoyltransferase 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to Serine Palmitoyltransferase
特異性This antibody detects human serine palmitoyltransferase subunit SPT2
アプリケーション適用あり: WBmore details
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Rat, Human
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
特記事項（精製）This antibody was affinity purifed.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
機能Serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT). The heterodimer formed with LCB1/SPTLC1 constitutes the catalytic core. The composition of the serine palmitoyltransferase (SPT) complex determines the substrate preference. The SPTLC1-SPTLC2-SSSPTA complex shows a strong preference for C16-CoA substrate, while the SPTLC1-SPTLC2-SSSPTB complex displays a preference for C18-CoA substrate.
パスウェイLipid metabolism; sphingolipid metabolism.
関連疾患Defects in SPTLC2 are the cause of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type 1C (HSAN1C) [MIM:613640]. It is a form of hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy, a genetically and clinically heterogeneous group of disorders characterized by degeneration of dorsal root and autonomic ganglion cells, and by prominent sensory abnormalities with a variable degree of motor and autonomic dysfunction. The neurological phenotype is often complicated by severe infections, osteomyelitis, and amputations. HSAN1C symptoms include loss of touch and vibration in the feet, dysesthesia and severe panmodal sensory loss in the upper and lower limbs, distal lower limb sensory loss with ulceration and osteomyelitis, and distal muscle weakness.
配列類似性Belongs to the class-II pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family.
細胞内局在Endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- KIAA0526 antibody
- LCB 2 antibody
- LCB2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Serine Palmitoyltransferase antibody (ab23696) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : 30ug mouse brain homogenate.
Lane 2 : 30ug rat kidney supernatant.
Lane 3 : 30ug human liver microsome.
Predicted band size: 62 kDa
Observed band size: 67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab23696 は 22 報の論文で使用されています。
- Hwang S et al. Consequences of aneuploidy in human fibroblasts with trisomy 21. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 118:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33526671
- Takeda S et al. ß-Sitosterol 3-O-D-glucoside increases ceramide levels in the stratum corneum via the up-regulated expression of ceramide synthase-3 and glucosylceramide synthase in a reconstructed human epidermal keratinization model. PLoS One 16:e0248150 (2021). PubMed: 33684145
- Bugajev V et al. ORMDL2 Deficiency Potentiates the ORMDL3-Dependent Changes in Mast Cell Signaling. Front Immunol 11:591975 (2020). PubMed: 33643282
- Markowski AR et al. Ceramides Profile Identifies Patients with More Advanced Stages of Colorectal Cancer. Biomolecules 10:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32325909
- Chen J et al. Knockout of neutrophil elastase protects against western diet induced nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in mice by regulating hepatic ceramides metabolism. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 518:691-697 (2019). PubMed: 31472960