Key features and details
- Expression system: Escherichia coli
- Purity: > 95% SDS-PAGE
- Active: Yes
- Suitable for: SDS-PAGE, MS
製品名Recombinant human SOD2/MnSOD protein
SOD2/MnSOD タンパク質・ペプチド 製品一覧
Specific activity is > 1,200 units/mg, in which one unit will inhibit the rate of reduction of cytochrome c by 50% in a coupled system, using xanthine and Xanthine oxidase at pH 7.8 at 25°C in a 1.5 ml reaction volume.
- Prepare a 1.5 ml reaction mix into a suitable container and pre-chill on ice before use: The final concentrations are 50mM potassium phosphate, 0.1mM ethylendiaminetetraacetic acid, 0.01mM cytochrome C, 0.05mM xanthine, 0.005 units xanthine oxidase.
- Equilibrate to 25°C and monitor at A550nm until the value is constant using a spectrophotometer.
- Add 50 ul of recombinant SOD protein in various concentrations (0.5 ug, 1 ug) in assay buffer.
- Mix by inversion and record the increase at A550nm for 5 minutes.
精製度> 95 % SDS-PAGE.
ab93946 was purified using conventional chromatography techniques.
タンパク質長Full length protein
配列MGSSHHHHHHSSGLVPRGSHMKHSLPDLPYDYGALEPHINAQIMQLHHSK HHAAYVNNLNVTEEKYQEALAKGDVTAQIALQPALKFNGGGHINHSIFWT NLSPNGGGEPKGELLEAIKRDFGSFDKFKEKLTAASVGVQGSGWGWLGFN KERGHLQIAACPNQDPLQGTTGLIPLLGIDVWEHAYYLQYKNVRPDYLKA IWNVINWENVTERYMACKK
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93946 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Constituents: 0.316% Tris HCl, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
This product is an active protein and may elicit a biological response in vivo, handle with caution.
- Indophenoloxidase B
- IPO B
機能Destroys superoxide anion radicals which are normally produced within the cells and which are toxic to biological systems.
関連疾患Genetic variation in SOD2 is associated with susceptibility to microvascular complications of diabetes type 6 (MVCD6) [MIM:612634]. These are pathological conditions that develop in numerous tissues and organs as a consequence of diabetes mellitus. They include diabetic retinopathy, diabetic nephropathy leading to end-stage renal disease, and diabetic neuropathy. Diabetic retinopathy remains the major cause of new-onset blindness among diabetic adults. It is characterized by vascular permeability and increased tissue ischemia and angiogenesis.
配列類似性Belongs to the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family.
翻訳後修飾Nitrated under oxidative stress. Nitration coupled with oxidation inhibits the catalytic activity.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab93946 は 1 報の論文で使用されています。
- Zhang L et al. Differential protein acetylation assists import of excess SOD2 into mitochondria and mediates SOD2 aggregation associated with cardiac hypertrophy in the murine SOD2-tg heart. Free Radic Biol Med 108:595-609 (2017). PubMed: 28433661