Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名STAT3 (phospho Y705) peptide
STAT3 タンパク質・ペプチド 製品一覧
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab179551 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-STAT3 (phospho Y705) antibody [EP2147Y] (ab76315)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
Information available upon request.
- Acute Phase Response Factor
- Acute-phase response factor
機能Signal transducer and transcription activator that mediates cellular responses to interleukins, KITLG/SCF, LEP and other growth factors. Once activated, recruits coactivators, such as NCOA1 or MED1, to the promoter region of the target gene (PubMed:17344214). May mediate cellular responses to activated FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and FGFR4. Binds to the interleukin-6 (IL-6)-responsive elements identified in the promoters of various acute-phase protein genes. Activated by IL31 through IL31RA. Involved in cell cycle regulation by inducing the expression of key genes for the progression from G1 to S phase, such as CCND1 (PubMed:17344214). Mediates the effects of LEP on melanocortin production, body energy homeostasis and lactation (By similarity). May play an apoptotic role by transctivating BIRC5 expression under LEP activation (PubMed:18242580). Cytoplasmic STAT3 represses macroautophagy by inhibiting EIF2AK2/PKR activity.
組織特異性Heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
関連疾患Hyperimmunoglobulin E recurrent infection syndrome, autosomal dominant
Autoimmune disease, multisystem, infantile-onset
配列類似性Belongs to the transcription factor STAT family.
Contains 1 SH2 domain.
翻訳後修飾Tyrosine phosphorylated upon stimulation with EGF. Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to constitutively activated FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 and FGFR4 (By similarity). Activated through tyrosine phosphorylation by BMX. Tyrosine phosphorylated in response to IL6, IL11, LIF, CNTF, KITLG/SCF, CSF1, EGF, PDGF, IFN-alpha, LEP and OSM. Activated KIT promotes phosphorylation on tyrosine residues and subsequent translocation to the nucleus. Phosphorylated on serine upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR. Serine phosphorylation is important for the formation of stable DNA-binding STAT3 homodimers and maximal transcriptional activity. ARL2BP may participate in keeping the phosphorylated state of STAT3 within the nucleus. Upon LPS challenge, phosphorylated within the nucleus by IRAK1. Upon erythropoietin treatment, phosphorylated on Ser-727 by RPS6KA5. Phosphorylation at Tyr-705 by PTK6 or FER leads to an increase of its transcriptional activity. Dephosphorylation on tyrosine residues by PTPN2 negatively regulates IL6/interleukin-6 signaling.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm. Nucleus. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Translocated into the nucleus upon tyrosine phosphorylation and dimerization, in response to signaling by activated FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3 or FGFR4. Constitutive nuclear presence is independent of tyrosine phosphorylation. Predominantly present in the cytoplasm without stimuli. Upon leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF) stimulation, accumulates in the nucleus. The complex composed of BART and ARL2 plays an important role in the nuclear translocation and retention of STAT3. Identified in a complex with LYN and PAG1.
- Information by UniProt
To learn more about our protein and peptide range click here.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab179551 は 1 報の論文で使用されています。
- Yang Z et al. Synthesis and evaluation of naphthalene derivatives as potent STAT3 inhibitors and agents against triple-negative breast cancer growth and metastasis. Breast Cancer Res Treat 197:255-267 (2023). PubMed: 36369502