Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名Somatostatin Receptor 5 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab178801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Somatostatin Receptor 5 antibody [UMB4] (ab109495)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- Somatostatin receptor subtype 5
- Somatostatin receptor type 5
機能Receptor for somatostatin 28 and to a lesser extent for somatostatin-14. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which inhibit adenylyl cyclase.
組織特異性Adult pituitary gland, heart, small intestine, adrenal gland, cerebellum and fetal hypothalamus. No expression in fetal or adult kidney, liver, pancreas, uterus, spleen, lung, thyroid or ovary.
配列類似性Belongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab178801 は 1 報の論文で使用されています。
- Qian ZR et al. Association Between Somatostatin Receptor Expression and Clinical Outcomes in Neuroendocrine Tumors. Pancreas 45:1386-1393 (2016). PubMed: 27622342