Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名Cytokeratin 13 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180923 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Cytokeratin 13 antibody [EPR3671] (ab92551)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (stable for up to 12 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
- 47 kDa cytokeratin
組織特異性Expressed in some epidermal sweat gland ducts (at protein level) and in exocervix, esophagus and placenta.
関連疾患Defects in KRT13 are a cause of white sponge nevus of cannon (WSN) [MIM:193900]. WSN is a rare autosomal dominant disorder which predominantly affects non-cornified stratified squamous epithelia. Clinically, it is characterized by the presence of soft, white, and spongy plaques in the oral mucosa. The characteristic histopathologic features are epithelial thickening, parakeratosis, and vacuolization of the suprabasal layer of oral epithelial keratinocytes. Less frequently the mucous membranes of the nose, esophagus, genitalia and rectum are involved.
配列類似性Belongs to the intermediate filament family.
翻訳後修飾O-glycosylated; glycans consist of single N-acetylglucosamine residues.
- Information by UniProt
To learn more about our protein and peptide range click here.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.