Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells, Tissue
- Sensitivity: 4 µg/ml
製品名Glycogen Assay Kit II (Colorimetric)
Glycogen キット 製品一覧
サンプルの種類Tissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
検出感度> 4 µg/ml
検出範囲4 µg/ml - 40 µg/ml
種交差性交差種: Mammals, Other species
Glycogen Assay Kit II (Colorimetric) ab169558 provides a simple, fast and robust way to measure glycogen levels in biological samples.
This glycogen assay is suitable for measuring glycogen levels in samples that contain reducing substances, which may interfere with oxidase-based assays (such as our most popular glycogen assay kit ab65620).
In this glycogen assay protocol, glycogen is hydrolyzed into glucose, which is oxidized to form an intermediate that reduces a colorless probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at 450 nm. This high-throughput suitable assay kit can detect 4 - 40 µg/ml of glycogen in samples.
Glycogen assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add hydrolysis enzyme and incubate for 30 min at room temp
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min at room temp
- analyze with microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K648 Glycogen Colorimetric Assay Kit II. K648-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab169558.
Review our Metabolism Assay Guide to learn about assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also about how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 100 tests Assay Buffer II 1 x 25ml Assay Buffer VIII 1 x 25ml Developer Solution III 1 vial Development Enzyme Mix V 1 vial Glycogen Standard 1 x 100µl Hydrolysis Enzyme Mix I 1 vial
関連性Glycogen is the primary short term energy storage molecule in animals. It is synthesized primarily in the liver and muscle. Glycogen is a highly branched polymer of glucose molecules, connected with an alpha-1,4 linkage, branching via an alpha-1,6 linkage. Abnormal ability to utilize glycogen is found in diabetes and in several genetic glycogen storage diseases.
Glycogen measured in cell lysates showing quantity (µg) per 1 mln cells.
Samples with the concentration of 1e7 cells/mL (HeLa) and 6.6e6 cells/mL (HCT116) were used. Samples were diluted 2-6 fold.
Glycogen measured in tissue lysates showing quantity (µg) per mg of extracted protein.
Protein concentration for samples varied from 25 mg/mL to 50 mg/mL. Samples were diluted 2-54 fold.
Standard curve: mean of duplicates (+/- SD) with background reads subtracted
Glycogen level was highest in Alstonville larvae (n = 10 biological rep/mitotype).
ab169558 は 40 報の論文で使用されています。
- Yang S et al. MicroRNA-193b impairs muscle growth in mouse models of type 2 diabetes by targeting the PDK1/Akt signalling pathway. Diabetologia 65:563-581 (2022). PubMed: 34913989
- Schaubroeck KJ et al. An optimized method for tissue glycogen quantification. Physiol Rep 10:e15195 (2022). PubMed: 35179318
- Nagy JA et al. Altered electrical properties in skeletal muscle of mice with glycogen storage disease type II. Sci Rep 12:5327 (2022). PubMed: 35351934
- Guardado Rivas MO et al. Evidence for a novel, effective approach to targeting carcinoma catabolism exploiting the first-in-class, anti-cancer mitochondrial drug, CPI-613. PLoS One 17:e0269620 (2022). PubMed: 35675354
- Siemienowicz KJ et al. Hepatic Mitochondrial Dysfunction and Risk of Liver Disease in an Ovine Model of "PCOS Males". Biomedicines 10:N/A (2022). PubMed: 35740312