製品名(±)-Blebbistatin, inhibitor of myosin II
製品の詳細Potent, selective, inhibitor of myosin II
生理活性の詳細Cell-permeable, reversible inhibitor of non-muscle myosin II. Shows high affinity and selectivity for vertebrate and invertebrate Myosin II (IC50 values 0.5-5 μM). Inhibits actin-activated MgATPase activity and in vitro motility of class II myosins. Also inhibits contraction of the cytokinetic ring. Blocks cell blebbing and disrupts directed cell migration and cytokinesis.
保存方法Store at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for more information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120425 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
ab32084 staining paxillin in MEF1 cells treated with (+/-)-blebbistatin (ab120425), by ICC/IF. Decreased membrane expression of paxillin correlates with increased concentration of (+/-)-blebbistatin, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 1h in media containing different concentrations of ab120425 ((+/-)-blebbistatin) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab32084 (1/100 dilution) was performed overnight at 4°C in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-rabbit polyclonal antibody (ab96899) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. Nuclei were counterstained with DAPI and are shown in blue.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120425 は 16 報の論文で使用されています。
- Wu N et al. Critical Role of Lipid Scramblase TMEM16F in Phosphatidylserine Exposure and Repair of Plasma Membrane after Pore Formation. Cell Rep 30:1129-1140.e5 (2020). PubMed: 31995754
- Stanton AE et al. Biochemical Ligand Density Regulates Yes-Associated Protein Translocation in Stem Cells through Cytoskeletal Tension and Integrins. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11:8849-8857 (2019). PubMed: 30789697
- Zhovmer AS et al. The role of nonmuscle myosin 2A and 2B in the regulation of mesenchymal cell contact guidance. Mol Biol Cell 30:1961-1973 (2019). PubMed: 31318315
- Hu X et al. Release of cholesterol-rich particles from the macrophage plasma membrane during movement of filopodia and lamellipodia. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31486771
- Simeonov S & Schäffer TE Ultrafast Imaging of Cardiomyocyte Contractions by Combining Scanning Ion Conductance Microscopy with a Microelectrode Array. Anal Chem 91:9648-9655 (2019). PubMed: 31247725