Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to PKC alpha
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
製品名Anti-PKC alpha antibody 
PKC alpha 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Mouse monoclonal  to PKC alpha
特異性ab11723 recognises the alpha isoform of PKC. This antibody recognises the sequence PQFVHPILQSAV at the C terminus of PKC alpha.
アプリケーション適用あり: WBmore details
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Rat, Human
Full length protein corresponding to PKC alpha.
特記事項This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
バッファーPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituent: Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
精製度Tissue culture supernatant
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11723 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/10 - 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 80.6 kDa.Can be blocked with Recombinant human PKC alpha protein (Active) (ab55672).|
機能This is a calcium-activated, phospholipid-dependent, serine- and threonine-specific enzyme. May play a role in cell motility by phosphorylating CSPG4.
PKC is activated by diacylglycerol which in turn phosphorylates a range of cellular proteins. PKC also serves as the receptor for phorbol esters, a class of tumor promoters.
配列類似性Belongs to the protein kinase superfamily. AGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. PKC subfamily.
Contains 1 AGC-kinase C-terminal domain.
Contains 1 C2 domain.
Contains 2 phorbol-ester/DAG-type zinc fingers.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm. Cell membrane. Nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- AAG6 antibody
- Aging associated gene 6 antibody
- aPKC antibody
Lanes 1, 5 and 9: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 2, 6 and 10: PKC alpha knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 3, 7 and 11: K562 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 4, 8 and 12: HEK293 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1, 2, 3 and 4: Green signal from target – ab11723 observed at 77 kDa
Lanes 5, 6, 7 and 8: Red signal from loading control – ab8245 observed at 37 kDa
Lanes 9, 10, 11 and 12: Merged (red and green) signal
ab11723 was shown to specifically react with PKC alpha in wild-type HAP1 cells. No band was observed when PKC alpha knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and PKC alpha knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab11723 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/500 and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4ºC. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216772) and Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216777) secondary antibodies at 1/10,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: PKC alpha knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: K562 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: HEK293 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab11723 observed at 77 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
This western blot image is a comparison between ab11723 and a competitor's top cited rabbit polyclonal antibody.
ab11723 は 16 報の論文で使用されています。
- Hu S et al. In Vivo CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Genome Editing Mitigates Photoreceptor Degeneration in a Mouse Model of X-Linked Retinitis Pigmentosa. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 61:31 (2020). PubMed: 32330228
- Guo Y et al. Modeling Retinitis Pigmentosa: Retinal Organoids Generated From the iPSCs of a Patient With the USH2A Mutation Show Early Developmental Abnormalities. Front Cell Neurosci 13:361 (2019). PubMed: 31481876
- De Silva SR et al. Long-term restoration of visual function in end-stage retinal degeneration using subretinal human melanopsin gene therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:11211-11216 (2017). IHC-P . PubMed: 28973921
- Wang Y et al. The Auxiliary Calcium Channel Subunit a2d4 Is Required for Axonal Elaboration, Synaptic Transmission, and Wiring of Rod Photoreceptors. Neuron 93:1359-1374.e6 (2017). PubMed: 28262416
- Kim BJ et al. In vitro and in vivo neuroprotective effects of cJun N-terminal kinase inhibitors on retinal ganglion cells. Mol Neurodegener 11:30 (2016). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 27098079