Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Osteopontin
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
バッファーPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab8448 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/300.|
|WB||1/1000. at this dilution, the antibody will strongly detect approximately 250 ng of OPN protein on a blot.|
機能Binds tightly to hydroxyapatite. Appears to form an integral part of the mineralized matrix. Probably important to cell-matrix interaction.
Acts as a cytokine involved in enhancing production of interferon-gamma and interleukin-12 and reducing production of interleukin-10 and is essential in the pathway that leads to type I immunity.
組織特異性Bone. Found in plasma.
配列類似性Belongs to the osteopontin family.
翻訳後修飾Extensively phosphorylated on clustered serine residues.
N- and O-glycosylated.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- BNSP antibody
- Bone sialoprotein 1 antibody
- Bone sialoprotein I antibody
Immuno-histological staining of EG treated rat kidney
Formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded rat kidney tissue stained for Osteopontin using ab8448 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
A) Control B) on Day 14 showing light staining of the tubular epithelial cells, shown by black arrows and C) on Day 28 showing strong staining of renal tubular epithelial cells as well as tubular contents (Black arrows), Magnification, X 40, Scale bar 100μm.
All lanes : Anti-Osteopontin antibody (ab8448) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 2 : Human Osteopontin
Lane 3 : MMP-cleaved Human Osteopontin
Lysates/proteins at 0.25 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
The osteopontin antibody (ab8448) is used at 1:1000 dilution on a blot with 250ng human osteopontin (lane 2)and MMP-cleaved osteopontin (lane 3
ICC/IF image of ab8448 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab8448, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Human Breast tumour section. Osteopontin is a normal component of elastic fibers in the breast (shown heavily stained in this section). There is also weak staining of the extracellular matrix. Osteopontin is not believed to be expressed inside breast tumour cells, and there is no staining in the intracellular region of the breast cells in this section.
Osteopontin antibody (ab8448) used at 1:100-1:300. No antigen retrieval is required.
ab8448 staining Osteopontin in Mouse femur tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (IHC-P - paraformaldehyde-fixed, paraffin-embedded sections). Tissue was fixed with paraformaldehyde and blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at 35°C; antigen retrieval was by heat mediation in a citrate buffer. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50) for 14 hours at 4°C. An Alkaline Phosphatase-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit IgG F(ab')2 polyclonal (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
OPN is cleaved by MMP to yield 2 fragments, which migrate at 40kD(N terminal) and 32kD (C terminal). The C terminal fragment can undergo further cleavage by both of these MMPs (see Agnihotri et al, JBC 2001 for further details). The epitope recognised by ab8448 is shown in violet. This antibody detects the full length OPN and the 32kD fragment. It does not recognise the 40kD fragment.
ab8448 は 216 報の論文で使用されています。
- Li L et al. XIST/miR-376c-5p/OPN axis modulates the influence of proinflammatory M1 macrophages on osteoarthritis chondrocyte apoptosis. J Cell Physiol 235:281-293 (2020). PubMed: 31215024
- Geng Y et al. Overexpression of mechanical sensitive miR-337-3p alleviates ectopic ossification in rat tendinopathy model via targeting IRS1 and Nox4 of tendon-derived stem cells. J Mol Cell Biol 12:305-317 (2020). PubMed: 31065679
- Li P et al. Loss of PARP-1 attenuates diabetic arteriosclerotic calcification via Stat1/Runx2 axis. Cell Death Dis 11:22 (2020). PubMed: 31924749
- Marycz K et al. Iron oxides nanoparticles (IOs) exposed to magnetic field promote expression of osteogenic markers in osteoblasts through integrin alpha-3 (INTa-3) activation, inhibits osteoclasts activity and exerts anti-inflammatory action. J Nanobiotechnology 18:33 (2020). PubMed: 32070362
- Gadalla D & Goldstein AS Improving the Osteogenicity of PCL Fiber Substrates by Surface-Immobilization of Bone Morphogenic Protein-2. Ann Biomed Eng 48:1006-1015 (2020). PubMed: 31115719