Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
- Suitable for: ICC, IHC-FrFl, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgY
製品名Anti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody
Neurofilament heavy polypeptide 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Chicken polyclonal to Neurofilament heavy polypeptide
アプリケーション適用あり: ICC, IHC-FrFl, WBmore details
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Full length native protein (cow intermediate filaments were prepared from spinal cords by the glycerol polymerization method of Delacourte et al., and the cytoskeletal material was dissolved in 6M urea. Individual neurofilament subunits were purified by ion exchange chromatography on DEAE-cellulose and the NF-H containing fractions were concentrated and further purified by preparative gel electrophoresis on a Biorad Prepcell).
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
バッファーPreservative: 0.032% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
特記事項（精製）This is an IgY prep, similar to a mammalian ammonium sulphate IgG prep from serum. It is virtually pure IgY and we estimate that about 5% of material is specific to the immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab4680 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FrFl||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1e+006. Predicted molecular weight: 200-220 kDa.|
機能Neurofilaments usually contain three intermediate filament proteins: L, M, and H which are involved in the maintenance of neuronal caliber. NF-H has an important function in mature axons that is not subserved by the two smaller NF proteins.
関連疾患Defects in NEFH are a cause of susceptibility to amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) [MIM:105400]. ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder affecting upper and lower motor neurons, and resulting in fatal paralysis. Sensory abnormalities are absent. Death usually occurs within 2 to 5 years. The etiology is likely to be multifactorial, involving both genetic and environmental factors.
配列類似性Belongs to the intermediate filament family.
翻訳後修飾There are a number of repeats of the tripeptide K-S-P, NFH is phosphorylated on a number of the serines in this motif. It is thought that phosphorylation of NFH results in the formation of interfilament cross bridges that are important in the maintenance of axonal caliber.
Phosphorylation seems to play a major role in the functioning of the larger neurofilament polypeptides (NF-M and NF-H), the levels of phosphorylation being altered developmentally and coincident with a change in the neurofilament function.
Phosphorylated in the Head and Rod regions by the PKC kinase PKN1, leading to inhibit polymerization.
- Information by UniProt
- 200 kDa neurofilament protein antibody
- CMT2CC antibody
- Nefh antibody
Immunohistological analysis of a rat cerebellum section stained with ab4680 at a dilution 1:5,000 in red, and co-stained with rabbit pAb to GFAP at a dilution 1:5,000 in green. The blue is DAPI staining of nuclear DNA.
Following transcardial perfusion with 4% paraformaldehyde, brain was post fixed for 24 hours, cut to 45 μM, and free floating sections were stained.
All lanes : Anti-Neurofilament heavy polypeptide antibody (ab4680) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat spinal cord lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse spinal cord lysate
Lane 3 : Cow spinal cord lysate
Predicted band size: 200-220 kDa
Human neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y cells stained with chicken anti-NF-H (red) and mouse monoclonal to fibrillarin 38F3 (green). Nuclear DNA is revealed with Hoechst dye (blue). The NF-H antibody was used at a dilution of 1/100000 and the fibrillarin monoclonal at 1/1000. Cultures were processed using our standard fixation and staining procedure (in protocol section).
Rat Neurons stained with chicken anti-NF-H (green). The NF-H antibody was used at a dilution of 1/100000 using our standard fixation and staining procedure (in protocol section).
ab4680 staining Neurofilament heavy polypeptide (green) in murine embryoid bodies by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Nuclei were visualized with DAPI.
ab4680 は 61 報の論文で使用されています。
- Steinbach RJ et al. A neonatal nonhuman primate model of gestational Zika virus infection with evidence of microencephaly, seizures and cardiomyopathy. PLoS One 15:e0227676 (2020). PubMed: 31935257
- Laug D et al. Nuclear factor I-A regulates diverse reactive astrocyte responses after CNS injury. J Clin Invest 129:4408-4418 (2019). PubMed: 31498149
- Chen B et al. Analysis of Schwann Cell Migration and Axon Regeneration Following Nerve Injury in the Sciatic Nerve Bridge. Front Mol Neurosci 12:308 (2019). PubMed: 31920539
- Kastriti ME et al. Ablation of CNTN2+ Pyramidal Neurons During Development Results in Defects in Neocortical Size and Axonal Tract Formation. Front Cell Neurosci 13:454 (2019). PubMed: 31749685
- Dong L et al. FGF10 Enhances Peripheral Nerve Regeneration via the Preactivation of the PI3K/Akt Signaling-Mediated Antioxidant Response. Front Pharmacol 10:1224 (2019). PubMed: 31680984