Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 1 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Other biological fluids, Serum, Tissue Homogenate, Urine
製品名Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
Myeloperoxidase キット 製品一覧
サンプルの種類Cell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Other biological fluids, Tissue Homogenate
種交差性交差種: Mammals, Other species
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Activity Assay Kit ab105136 is a rapid, simple, sensitive, and reliable colorimetric assay suitable for use as a high throughput MPO activity assay.
In the MPO assay protocol, myeloperoxidase produces HClO from H2O2 and Cl-. The HClO reacts with taurine to generate the taurine chloramine, which subsequently reacts with the DTNB probe to eliminate color (absorbance at 412 nm). The absorbance is inversely proportional to the amount of MPO enzyme.
This MPO assay kit can be used to detect myeloperoxidase as low as 0.05 mU per well.
MPO assay protocol summary:
- add samples to wells (and assay buffer only to wells for standards)
- add reaction mix to sample wells and incubate for 30 min to 2 hrs
- add stop mix and incubate for 10 min
- add TNB reagent/standard to all wells and incubate for 5-10 min
- analyze with a microplate reader
This product is manufactured by BioVision, an Abcam company and was previously called K744 Myeloperoxidase (MPO) Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit. K744-100 is the same size as the 100 test size of ab105136.
Myeloperoxidase (MPO) is a peroxidase enzyme (EC 18.104.22.168) most abundantly expressed in neutrophil granulocytes. It is a lysosomal protein stored in the azurophilic granules of the neutrophil. Myeloperoxidase contains a heme pigment which causes its green color in secretions rich in neutrophils, such as pus and some forms of mucus. Myeloperoxidase catalyzes the production of hypochlorous acid (HClO) from hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and chloride anion (Cl-, or the equivalent from a non-chlorine halide). Myeloperoxidase also oxidizes tyrosine to a tyrosyl radical using hydrogen peroxide as an oxidizing agent.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 ラベル 100 tests DTNB Probe Red 1 x 50µl MPO Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml MPO Positive Control (lyophilized) Purple 1 vial MPO Substrate Stock Blue 1 x 50µl Stop Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 x 20µl TCEP (50mM) Clear 1 x 50µl
機能Part of the host defense system of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. It is responsible for microbicidal activity against a wide range of organisms. In the stimulated PMN, MPO catalyzes the production of hypohalous acids, primarily hypochlorous acid in physiologic situations, and other toxic intermediates that greatly enhance PMN microbicidal activity.
関連疾患Defects in MPO are the cause of myeloperoxidase deficiency (MPD) [MIM:254600]. MPD is an autosomal recessive defect that results in disseminated candidiasis.
配列類似性Belongs to the peroxidase family. XPO subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- 84 kDa myeloperoxidase
- 89 kDa myeloperoxidase
- EC 22.214.171.124
ab105136 は 36 報の論文で使用されています。
- Hepokoski M et al. Altered lung metabolism and mitochondrial DAMPs in lung injury due to acute kidney injury. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 320:L821-L831 (2021). PubMed: 33565357
- Peng W et al. Lyophilized powder of mesenchymal stem cell supernatant attenuates acute lung injury through the IL-6-p-STAT3-p63-JAG2 pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther 12:216 (2021). PubMed: 33781349
- Yeom J et al. Oxyresveratrol Ameliorates Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis in Rats by Suppressing Inflammation. Molecules 26:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33946346
- Wang X et al. Oral Administration of Ginger-Derived Lipid Nanoparticles and Dmt1 siRNA Potentiates the Effect of Dietary Iron Restriction and Mitigates Pre-Existing Iron Overload in Hamp KO Mice. Nutrients 13:N/A (2021). PubMed: 34063414
- Li N et al. Mangiferin Mitigates Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Lung Injury by Inhibiting NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation. J Inflamm Res 14:2289-2300 (2021). PubMed: 34103962