Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to MDA5
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
バッファーPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab79055 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 117 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
機能RNA helicase that, through its ATP-dependent unwinding of RNA, may function to promote message degradation by specific RNases. Seems to have growth suppressive properties. Involved in innate immune defense against viruses. Upon interaction with intracellular dsRNA produced during viral replication, triggers a transduction cascade involving MAVS/IPS1, which results in the activation of NF-kappa-B, IRF3 and IRF7 and the induction of the expression of antiviral cytokines such as IFN-beta and RANTES (CCL5). ATPase activity is specifically induced by dsRNA. Essential for the production of interferons in response to picornaviruses.
組織特異性Widely expressed, at a low level. Expression is detected at slightly highest levels in placenta, pancreas and spleen and at barely levels in detectable brain, testis and lung.
関連疾患Genetic variation in IFIH1 is associated with diabetes mellitus insulin-dependent type 19 (IDDM19) [MIM:610155]. A multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis that is characterized by susceptibility to ketoacidosis in the absence of insulin therapy. Clinical fetaures are polydipsia, polyphagia and polyuria which result from hyperglycemia-induced osmotic diuresis and secondary thirst. These derangements result in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
Note=IFIH1 is the CADM-140 autoantigen, involved in clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis (CADM). This is a chronic inflammatory disorder that shows typical skin manifestations of dermatomyositis but has no or little evidence of clinical myositis. Anti-CADM-140 antibodies appear to be specific to dermatomyositis, especially CADM. Patients with anti-CADM-140 antibodies frequently develop life-threatening acute progressive interstitial lung disease (ILD).
配列類似性Belongs to the helicase family.
Contains 2 CARD domains.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
翻訳後修飾During apoptosis, processed into 3 cleavage products. The helicase-containing fragment, once liberated from the CARD domains, translocate from the cytoplasm to the nucleus. The processed protein significantly sensitizes cells to DNA degradation.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm. Nucleus. May be found in the nucleus, during apoptosis.
- Information by UniProt
- CADM-140 autoantigen antibody
- Clinically amyopathic dermatomyositis autoantigen 140 kDa antibody
- DEAD/H (Asp Glu Ala Asp/His) box polypeptide antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of MDA5 expression in paraffin embedded, formalin fixed mouse kidney using 5 µg/ml ab79055
Lane 1 : Anti-MDA5 antibody (ab79055) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-MDA5 antibody (ab79055) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-MDA5 antibody (ab79055) at 4 µg/ml
All lanes : Daudi cell lysate
Predicted band size: 117 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab79055 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab79055, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Immunohistochemical analysis of MDA5 expression in paraffin embedded, formalin fixed mouse pancreas using 5 µg/ml ab79055
Immunohistochemical analysis of MDA5 expression in paraffin embedded, formalin fixed mouse small intestine using 5 µg/ml ab79055
Immunohistochemical analysis of MDA5 expression in paraffin embedded, formalin fixed human pancreas using 5 µg/ml ab79055
ab79055 は 5 報の論文で使用されています。
- Wang SQ et al. Knockdown of IGF-1R Triggers Viral RNA Sensor MDA5- and RIG-I-Mediated Mitochondrial Apoptosis in Colonic Cancer Cells. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 16:105-117 (2019). PubMed: 30861413
- Kumthip K et al. Pivotal role for the ESCRT-II complex subunit EAP30/SNF8 in IRF3-dependent innate antiviral defense. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006713 (2017). WB . PubMed: 29084253
- Duewell P et al. Targeted activation of melanoma differentiation-associated protein 5 (MDA5) for immunotherapy of pancreatic carcinoma. Oncoimmunology 4:e1029698 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 26504669
- de Rivero Vaccari JP et al. Astrogliosis involves activation of retinoic acid-inducible gene-like signaling in the innate immune response after spinal cord injury. Glia 60:414-21 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22161971
- Berger M et al. Neutrophils express distinct RNA receptors in a non-canonical way. J Biol Chem 287:19409-17 (2012). WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 22532562