Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to KIF5C
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
KIF5C 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to KIF5C
This antibody is specific for KIF5C and does not detect other kinesin isotypes.
アプリケーション適用あり: IHC-P, WBmore details
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
バッファーPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
一次抗体 備考Kinesins are a superfamily of microtubule-associated motor proteins involved in a variety of cellular processes including membranous organelle transport and cell division. Kinesin has been found in a variety of organisms and cell types and is subject to spatial and temporal regulation. These proteins have a modular structure including a conserved motor domain of approximately 350 amino acids, which is responsible for microtubule binding and ATP hydrolysis. In addition to the motor domain, subfamily members share common domain organization, exhibit sequence similarity, motility properties, and cellular functions outside of the motor domain. There are currently three known Kinesin 5 family members denoted as A, B, and C. Kinesin 5A and kinesin 5C appear to be exclusively neuronal, whereas kinesin 5B appears to be ubiquitous in its expression.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5630 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 110 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 110 kDa).|
機能Kinesin is a microtubule-associated force-producing protein that may play a role in organelle transport.
組織特異性Highest expression in brain, prostate and testis, and moderate expression in kidney, small intestine and ovary.
配列類似性Belongs to the kinesin-like protein family. Kinesin subfamily.
Contains 1 kinesin-motor domain.
ドメインComposed of three structural domains: a large globular N-terminal domain which is responsible for the motor activity of kinesin (it hydrolyzes ATP and binds microtubule), a central alpha-helical coiled coil domain that mediates the heavy chain dimerization; and a small globular C-terminal domain which interacts with other proteins (such as the kinesin light chains), vesicles and membranous organelles.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm > cytoskeleton.
- Information by UniProt
- CDCBM2 antibody
- FLJ44735 antibody
- KIAA0531 antibody
Shows a Western blot of KIF5C on human retinal extract using ab5630. The expected band at 110 kDa is seen along with an unidentified band at 100 kDa.
IHC image of ab5630 staining in human normal testis formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab5630, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab5630 は 9 報の論文で使用されています。
- Furey C et al. TACC3 Regulates Microtubule Plus-End Dynamics and Cargo Transport in Interphase Cells. Cell Rep 30:269-283.e6 (2020). PubMed: 31914393
- Pan X et al. MAP7D2 Localizes to the Proximal Axon and Locally Promotes Kinesin-1-Mediated Cargo Transport into the Axon. Cell Rep 26:1988-1999.e6 (2019). PubMed: 30784582
- Leiva-Rodríguez T et al. ATG5 overexpression is neuroprotective and attenuates cytoskeletal and vesicle-trafficking alterations in axotomized motoneurons. Cell Death Dis 9:626 (2018). PubMed: 29799519
- Malikov V & Naghavi MH Localized Phosphorylation of a Kinesin-1 Adaptor by a Capsid-Associated Kinase Regulates HIV-1 Motility and Uncoating. Cell Rep 20:2792-2799 (2017). PubMed: 28930676
- Du W et al. Kinesin 1 Drives Autolysosome Tubulation. Dev Cell 37:326-336 (2016). PubMed: 27219061
- Poirier K et al. Mutations in TUBG1, DYNC1H1, KIF5C and KIF2A cause malformations of cortical development and microcephaly. Nat Genet 45:639-47 (2013). PubMed: 23603762
- Dunn S et al. Differential trafficking of Kif5c on tyrosinated and detyrosinated microtubules in live cells. J Cell Sci 121:1085-95 (2008). ICC/IF ; Monkey . PubMed: 18334549
- Smith MJ et al. Mapping the GRIF-1 binding domain of the kinesin, KIF5C, substantiates a role for GRIF-1 as an adaptor protein in the anterograde trafficking of cargoes. J Biol Chem 281:27216-28 (2006). PubMed: 16835241
- Brickley K et al. GRIF-1 and OIP106, members of a novel gene family of coiled-coil domain proteins: association in vivo and in vitro with kinesin. J Biol Chem 280:14723-32 (2005). PubMed: 15644324