Key features and details
- Purity: > 90% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
精製度> 90 % HPLC.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15581 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-Ki67 antibody (ab15580)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki 67
- Antigen identified by monoclonal antibody Ki-67
- Antigen KI-67
機能Required to maintain individual mitotic chromosomes dispersed in the cytoplasm following nuclear envelope disassembly (PubMed:27362226). Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Prevents chromosomes from collapsing into a single chromatin mass by forming a steric and electrostatic charge barrier: the protein has a high net electrical charge and acts as a surfactant, dispersing chromosomes and enabling independent chromosome motility (PubMed:27362226). Binds DNA, with a preference for supercoiled DNA and AT-rich DNA (PubMed:10878551). Does not contribute to the internal structure of mitotic chromosomes (By similarity). May play a role in chromatin organization (PubMed:24867636). It is however unclear whether it plays a direct role in chromatin organization or whether it is an indirect consequence of its function in maintaining mitotic chromosomes dispersed.
配列類似性Contains 1 FHA domain.
Contains 16 K167R repeats.
Contains 1 PP1-binding domain.
発生段階Expression occurs preferentially during late G1, S, G2 and M phases of the cell cycle, while in cells in G0 phase the antigen cannot be detected (at protein level) (PubMed:6206131). Present at highest level in G2 phase and during mitosis (at protein level). In interphase, forms fiber-like structures in fibrillarin-deficient regions surrounding nucleoli (PubMed:2674163, PubMed:8799815).
翻訳後修飾Phosphorylated. Hyperphosphorylated in mitosis (PubMed:10502411, PubMed:10653604). Hyperphosphorylated form does not bind DNA.
細胞内局在Chromosome. Nucleus. Nucleus, nucleolus. Associates with the surface of the mitotic chromosome, the perichromosomal layer, and covers a substantial fraction of the mitotic chromosome surface (PubMed:27362226). Associates with satellite DNA in G1 phase (PubMed:9510506). Binds tightly to chromatin in interphase, chromatin-binding decreases in mitosis when it associates with the surface of the condensed chromosomes (PubMed:15896774, PubMed:22002106). Predominantly localized in the G1 phase in the perinucleolar region, in the later phases it is also detected throughout the nuclear interior, being predominantly localized in the nuclear matrix (PubMed:22002106).
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab15581 は 4 報の論文で使用されています。
- Plemel JR et al. Microglia response following acute demyelination is heterogeneous and limits infiltrating macrophage dispersion. Sci Adv 6:eaay6324 (2020). PubMed: 31998844
- Wang K et al. MicroRNA-155 promotes neointimal hyperplasia through smooth muscle-like cell-derived RANTES in arteriovenous fistulas. J Vasc Surg 67:933-944.e3 (2018). PubMed: 29477204
- Falcone C et al. Cortical interlaminar astrocytes across the therian mammal radiation. J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30552685
- McSheehy PM et al. Quantified tumor t1 is a generic early-response imaging biomarker for chemotherapy reflecting cell viability. Clin Cancer Res 16:212-25 (2010). Blocking . PubMed: 20008843