Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [SC-05] to IgA Secretory Component
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
製品名Anti-IgA Secretory Component antibody [SC-05]
IgA Secretory Component 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Mouse monoclonal [SC-05] to IgA Secretory Component
特異性ab3924 reacts with 80 kDa human secretory component glycoprotein (both free and bound in secretory IgA). The recognized glycoprotein is a specific membrane marker of glandular carcinomas.
アプリケーション適用あり: WBmore details
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human IgA Secretory Component. Affinity-purified secretory component from human colostrum.
- Secretory mucosa of gastrointestinal and respiratory tract, epithelia of salivary glands, endometrium, endocervix, kidney, prostate, mammary gland.
Examples of positive human tissues: secretory mucosa of gastrointestinal and respiratory tract, epithelia of salivary glands, endometrium, endocervix, kidney, prostate, mammary gland.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
精製度Protein A purified
特記事項（精製）Purified from hybridoma culture supernatant. Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
一次抗体 備考Examples of positive human tissues: secretory mucosa of gastrointestinal and respiratory tract, epithelia of salivary glands, endometrium, endocervix, kidney, prostate, mammary gland.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3924 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 68 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa). See Abreview. Use under non-reducing conditions.|
関連性IgA has two subclasses (IgA1 and IgA2) and can be produced as a monomeric as well as a dimeric form. The IgA dimeric form is the most prevalent and is also called secretory IgA (sIgA). The secretory component of sIgA protects the immunoglobulin from being degraded by proteolytic enzymes, thus sIgA can survive in the harsh gastrointestinal tract environment and provide protection against microbes that multiply in body secretions. sIgA can also inhibit inflammatory effects of other immunoglobulins. Secretory component is a proteolytic cleavage product of the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor which remains associated with dimeric IgA in sero-mucus secretions. Polymeric IgA binds to the polymeric immunoglobulin receptor on the basolateral surface of epithelial cells and is taken up into the cell via transcytosis. The receptor-IgA complex passes through the cellular compartments before being secreted on the luminal surface of the epithelial cells, still attached to the receptor. Proteolysis of the receptor occurs and the dimeric IgA molecule, along with the secretory component, are free to diffuse throughout the lumen. Secretory components wrap around two IgA units joined by a J chain protein fragment, resulting in a >--< configuration, with each of the two antigen binding regions of the two constituent y-shaped antibodies exposed. One identified function of secretory components is to protect IgA antibodies from degradation by the gastric acids and enzymes of the digestive system. This property is especially important in the transfer of immune system components during breastfeeding.
All lanes : Anti-IgA Secretory Component antibody [SC-05] (ab3924) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-361 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 68 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 38 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 20 minutes
Secretory Component Glycoprotein contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ab3924 は 7 報の論文で使用されています。
- Heinbockel L et al. Identification of novel target genes in human lung tissue involved in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 13:2255-2259 (2018). PubMed: 30100715
- Wu Q et al. Extracellular matrix protein 1 is correlated to carcinogenesis and lymphatic metastasis of human gastric cancer. World J Surg Oncol 12:132 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24779890
- Wu QW et al. Expression and clinical significance of extracellular matrix protein 1 and vascular endothelial growth factor-C in lymphatic metastasis of human breast cancer. BMC Cancer 12:47 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22284579
- Polosukhin VV et al. Bronchial secretory immunoglobulin a deficiency correlates with airway inflammation and progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 184:317-27 (2011). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 21512171
- Bartek J et al. Keratin 19 expression in the adult and developing human mammary gland. Histochem J 22:537-44 (1990). PubMed: 1705251
- Bártek J et al. Secretory component in differentiating normal epithelium, benign lesions and malignancy in the human breast as monitored by monoclonal antibodies. Histochemistry 91:235-44 (1989). PubMed: 2722565
- Kvale D et al. Rapid selection of cultured cells with increased expression of a membrane marker (secretory component). Int J Cancer 42:638-41 (1988). PubMed: 2459074