Key features and details
- Purity: > 70% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名Human PSMA peptide
PSMA タンパク質・ペプチド 製品一覧
精製度> 70 % HPLC.
70 - 90% by HPLC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97421 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-PSMA antibody (ab71720)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- Cell growth inhibiting protein 27
- Cell growth-inhibiting gene 27 protein
機能Has both folate hydrolase and N-acetylated-alpha-linked-acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase) activity. Has a preference for tri-alpha-glutamate peptides. In the intestine, required for the uptake of folate. In the brain, modulates excitatory neurotransmission through the hydrolysis of the neuropeptide, N-aceylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), thereby releasing glutamate. Isoform PSM-4 and isoform PSM-5 would appear to be physiologically irrelevant. Involved in prostate tumor progression.
Also exhibits a dipeptidyl-peptidase IV type activity. In vitro, cleaves Gly-Pro-AMC.
組織特異性Highly expressed in prostate epithelium. Detected in urinary bladder, kidney, testis, ovary, fallopian tube, breast, adrenal gland, liver, esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon and brain (at protein level). Detected in the small intestine, brain, kidney, liver, spleen, colon, trachea, spinal cord and the capillary endothelium of a variety of tumors. Expressed specifically in jejunum brush border membranes. In the brain, highly expressed in the ventral striatum and brain stem. Also expressed in fetal liver and kidney. Isoform PSMA' is the most abundant form in normal prostate. Isoform PSMA-1 is the most abundant form in primary prostate tumors. Isoform PSMA-2 is also found in normal prostate as well as in brain and liver. Isoform PSMA-9 is specifically expressed in prostate cancer.
配列類似性Belongs to the peptidase M28 family. M28B subfamily.
ドメインThe NAALADase activity is found in the central region, the dipeptidyl peptidase IV type activity in the C-terminal.
翻訳後修飾The first two amino acids at the N-terminus of isoform PSMA' appear to be cleaved by limited proteolysis.
The N-terminus is blocked.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.