Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 1 pg/ml
- Range: 1.23 pg/ml - 900 pg/ml
- Sample type: Cell culture supernatant, Cell Lysate, Plasma, Serum
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Sandwich (quantitative)
- Reacts with: Human
製品名Human Osteoprotegerin ELISA Kit
Osteoprotegerin キット 製品一覧
サンプルの種類Cell culture supernatant, Serum, Plasma, Cell Lysate
検出感度< 1 pg/ml
検出範囲1.23 pg/ml - 900 pg/ml
特定サンプルでの回収試験 サンプルの種類 平均 % 測定範囲 Cell culture supernatant 99.75 89% - 108% Serum 99.85 89% - 108% Plasma 102.45 90% - 109%
ステップMultiple steps standard assay
Abcam’s Osteoprotegerin Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of Human Osteoprotegerin in serum, plasma, and cell culture supernatants.
This assay employs an antibody specific for Human Osteoprotegerin coated on a 96-well plate. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and Osteoprotegerin present in a sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and biotinylated anti-Human Osteoprotegerin antibody is added. After washing away unbound biotinylated antibody, HRP-conjugated streptavidin is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of Osteoprotegerin bound. The Stop Solution changes the color from blue to yellow, and the intensity of the color is measured at 450 nm.
Get results in 90 minutes with Human Osteoprotegerin ELISA Kit (ab189580) from our SimpleStep ELISA® range.
Produced using a non-baculovirus expression system.
Optimization may be required with urine samples.
We recommend preparing serum-free or low-serum medium samples, as serum tends to contain cytokines which may produce significant background signals. If it is necessary to test serum-containing medium, we recommend also running an uncultured media blank to assess baseline signals. This baseline can then be subtracted from the cultured media sample data.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer 1 x 25ml 5X Assay Diluent B 1 x 15ml 500X HRP-Streptavidin Concentrate 1 x 200µl Assay Diluent A 1 x 30ml Biotinylated anti-Human Osteoprotegerin 2 vials Osteoprotegerin Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Recombinant Human Osteoprotegerin Standard (lyophilized) 2 vials Stop Solution 1 x 8ml TMB One-Step Substrate Reagent 1 x 12ml
機能Acts as decoy receptor for RANKL and thereby neutralizes its function in osteoclastogenesis. Inhibits the activation of osteoclasts and promotes osteoclast apoptosis in vitro. Bone homeostasis seems to depend on the local RANKL/OPG ratio. May also play a role in preventing arterial calcification. May act as decoy receptor for TRAIL and protect against apoptosis. TRAIL binding blocks the inhibition of osteoclastogenesis.
組織特異性Highly expressed in adult lung, heart, kidney, liver, spleen, thymus, prostate, ovary, small intestine, thyroid, lymph node, trachea, adrenal gland, testis, and bone marrow. Detected at very low levels in brain, placenta and skeletal muscle. Highly expressed in fetal kidney, liver and lung.
関連疾患Defects in TNFRSF11B are the cause of juvenile Paget disease (JPD) [MIM:239000]; also known as hyperostosis corticalis deformans juvenilis or hereditary hyperphosphatasia or chronic congenital idiopathic hyperphosphatasia. JPD is a rare autosomal recessive osteopathy that presents in infancy or early childhood. The disorder is characterized by rapidly remodeling woven bone, osteopenia, debilitating fractures, and deformities due to a markedly accelerated rate of bone remodeling throughout the skeleton. Approximately 40 cases of JPD have been reported worldwide. Unless it is treated with drugs that block osteoclast-mediated skeletal resorption, the disease can be fatal.
配列類似性Contains 2 death domains.
Contains 4 TNFR-Cys repeats.
翻訳後修飾N-glycosylated. Contains sialic acid residues.
The N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
SimpleStep ELISA kits
ab100617 は 8 報の論文で使用されています。
- Abe S et al. Serum TRACP5b, a Marker of Bone Resorption, Is Associated With Adverse Cardiac Prognosis in Hospitalized Patients With Heart Failure. CJC Open 3:470-478 (2021). PubMed: 34027350
- Kim BJ et al. Elevated ceramides 18:0 and 24:1 with aging are associated with hip fracture risk through increased bone resorption. Aging (Albany NY) 11:9388-9404 (2019). PubMed: 31675352
- Kim BJ et al. The Detrimental Effects of Kynurenine, a Tryptophan Metabolite, on Human Bone Metabolism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30715395
- Kim BJ et al. Association of blood n-3 fatty acid with bone mass and bone marrow TRAP-5b in the elderly with and without hip fracture. Osteoporos Int N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30719549
- Sawicka-Powierza J et al. Bone Metabolism Markers and Bone Mineral Density in Patients on Long-Term Acenocoumarol Treatment: A Cross-Sectional Study. J Clin Med 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30347817
- Stojanovic S et al. Stem Cells Derived from Lipoma and Adipose Tissue-Similar Mesenchymal Phenotype but Different Differentiation Capacity Governed by Distinct Molecular Signature. Cells 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30544806
- Zajdel A et al. Osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissue and Wharton's jelly of the umbilical cord. Acta Biochim Pol 64:365-369 (2017). PubMed: 28600911
- Vincenzi F et al. Pulsed electromagnetic fields increased the anti-inflammatory effect of A2A and A3 adenosine receptors in human T/C-28a2 chondrocytes and hFOB 1.19 osteoblasts. PLoS One 8:e65561 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23741498