Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名Human Histone H3 (di methyl K9) peptide
Histone H3 タンパク質・ペプチド 製品一覧
修飾di methyl K9
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1772 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Information available upon request.
- H3 histone family member E pseudogene
- H3 histone family, member A
機能Core component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
配列類似性Belongs to the histone H3 family.
発生段階Expressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
翻訳後修飾Acetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Information by UniProt
All lanes: Anti-Histone H3 (di methyl K9) antibody [mAbcam 1220] - ChIP Grade (ab1220)
Lane 1: Calf thymus histone lysate
Lane 2: Calf thymus histone lysate with Histone H3 peptide - unmodified at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (mono methyl K9) peptide (ab1771) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (di methyl K9) peptide (ab1772) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 5: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (tri methyl K9) peptide (ab1773) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 6: Calf thymus histone lysate with Histone H3 (di methyl K4) peptide (ab7768) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 7: Calf thymus histone lysate with Human Histone H3 (di methyl K27) peptide (ab1781) at 1 µg/ml
Rabbit Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) (ab6728) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab1772 は 8 報の論文で使用されています。
- Poleshko A et al. Genome-Nuclear Lamina Interactions Regulate Cardiac Stem Cell Lineage Restriction. Cell 171:573-587.e14 (2017). PubMed: 29033129
- Park SE et al. Inhibition of EHMT2/G9a epigenetically increases the transcription of Beclin-1 via an increase in ROS and activation of NF-?B. Oncotarget 7:39796-39808 (2016). PubMed: 27174920
- López A et al. The RNA silencing enzyme RNA polymerase v is required for plant immunity. PLoS Genet 7:e1002434 (2011). PubMed: 22242006
- Sikes ML et al. A streamlined method for rapid and sensitive chromatin immunoprecipitation. J Immunol Methods 344:58-63 (2009). PubMed: 19328803
- Beyer S et al. The histone demethylases JMJD1A and JMJD2B are transcriptional targets of hypoxia-inducible factor HIF. J Biol Chem 283:36542-52 (2008). PubMed: 18984585
- Joshi AA & Struhl K Eaf3 chromodomain interaction with methylated H3-K36 links histone deacetylation to Pol II elongation. Mol Cell 20:971-8 (2005). PubMed: 16364921
- Garrett FE et al. Chromatin architecture near a potential 3' end of the igh locus involves modular regulation of histone modifications during B-Cell development and in vivo occupancy at CTCF sites. Mol Cell Biol 25:1511-25 (2005). PubMed: 15684400
- Chadwick BP & Willard HF Multiple spatially distinct types of facultative heterochromatin on the human inactive X chromosome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A : (2004). PubMed: 15574503