Key features and details
- Purity: > 70% HPLC
- Suitable for: Blocking
製品名Human GATA4 peptide
GATA4 タンパク質・ペプチド 製品一覧
精製度> 70 % HPLC.
70 - 90% by HPLC
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab94555 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-GATA4 antibody (ab84593)
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Concentration information loading...
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Information available upon request.
- GATA 4
- GATA binding protein 4
機能Transcriptional activator that binds to the consensus sequence 5'-AGATAG-3' and plays a key role in cardiac development (PubMed:24000169). Involved in bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-mediated induction of cardiac-specific gene expression (By similarity). Binds to BMP response element (BMPRE) DNA sequences within cardiac activating regions (By similarity). Acts as a transcriptional activator of ANF in cooperation with NKX2-5 (By similarity). Promotes cardiac myocyte enlargement (PubMed:20081228). Required during testicular development (PubMed:21220346). May play a role in sphingolipid signaling by regulating the expression of sphingosine-1-phosphate degrading enzyme, spingosine-1-phosphate lyase (PubMed:15734735).
関連疾患Atrial septal defect 2
Ventricular septal defect 1
Tetralogy of Fallot
Atrioventricular septal defect 4
Testicular anomalies with or without congenital heart disease
GATA4 mutations can predispose to dilated cardiomyopathy (CMD), a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
配列類似性Contains 2 GATA-type zinc fingers.
翻訳後修飾Methylation at Lys-300 attenuates transcriptional activity.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.