Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: IHC-P, ICC/IF, ChIP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
製品名Anti-Histone H4 antibody - ChIP Grade
Histone H4 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to Histone H4 - ChIP Grade
アプリケーション適用あり: IHC-P, ICC/IF, ChIP, WBmore details
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Cow, Human, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Calf Thymus Histone Preparation; Hela whole cell extract
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
ChIP Related Products
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
- Human Histone H4 peptide (ab13843)
- Human Histone H4 (symmetric di methyl R3) peptide (ab14791)
- Human Histone H4 (di methyl K20) peptide (ab14964)
- Histone H4 Total Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) (ab156909)
- Human Histone H4 (mono methyl K20) peptide (ab17043)
- Human Histone H4 (tri methyl K20) peptide (ab17567)
- Histone H4 Modification Multiplex Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab185914)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7311 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ChIP||Use 2 µg for 25 µg of chromatin.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 14 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa).|
機能Core component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
配列類似性Belongs to the histone H4 family.
翻訳後修飾Acetylation at Lys-6 (H4K5ac), Lys-9 (H4K8ac), Lys-13 (H4K12ac) and Lys-17 (H4K16ac) occurs in coding regions of the genome but not in heterochromatin.
Citrullination at Arg-4 (H4R3ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation.
Monomethylation and asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-4 (H4R3me1 and H4R3me2a, respectively) by PRMT1 favors acetylation at Lys-9 (H4K8ac) and Lys-13 (H4K12ac). Demethylation is performed by JMJD6. Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 (H4R3me2s) by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
Monomethylated, dimethylated or trimethylated at Lys-21 (H4K20me1, H4K20me2, H4K20me3). Monomethylation is performed by SET8. Trimethylation is performed by SUV420H1 and SUV420H2 and induces gene silencing.
Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins. Monoubiquitinated at Lys-92 of histone H4 (H4K91ub1) in response to DNA damage. The exact role of H4K91ub1 in DNA damage response is still unclear but it may function as a licensing signal for additional histone H4 post-translational modifications such as H4 Lys-21 methylation (H4K20me).
Sumoylated, which is associated with transcriptional repression.
- Information by UniProt
- dJ160A22.1 antibody
- dJ160A22.2 antibody
- dJ221C16.1 antibody
Chromatin was prepared from Hela cells according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10min. The ChIP was performed with 25µg of chromatin, 2µg of ab7311 (blue), and 20µl of Protein A/G sepharose beads. No antibody was added to the beads control (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach). Primers and probes are located in the first kb of the transcribed region.
IHC image of Histone H4 staining in human breast carcinoma FFPE section, performed on a BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab7311, 1µg/ml, for 8 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
All lanes : Anti-Histone H4 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7311) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Calf thymus histone extract
Lane 2 : Calf thymus histone extract with
Human Histone H4 peptide (ab21044) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Calf thymus histone extract with Histone H4 peptide - acetyl K16 (ab22376) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 4 : Calf thymus histone extract with Human Histone H4 (acetyl K20) peptide (ab20632) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 0.5 µg per lane.
All lanes : Alexa-Fluor Goat anti-rabbit IgG at 1/10000 dilution
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Observed band size: 14 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
SKN-SH cells were fixed in 4% paraformaldehyde for 10 mins, permeabilized in PBS-0.5% Triton X-100 for 5 mins and incubated for 30 minutes with ab7311 (1/200 dilution). The slides were rinsed once in PBS-Triton (0.1%), twice in PBS then incubated with the secondary antibody for 30 mins. The DNA is stained with DAPI (blue). Clear nuclear staining with ab7311 can be seen (green).
Anti-Histone H4 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7311) at 1/500 dilution + Human Bone Whole Tissue Lysate at 25 µg with BSA, 1 Hour, 23°C at 5 %
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Exposure time: 1 minute
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab7311 は 76 報の論文で使用されています。
- Spadotto V et al. PRMT1-mediated methylation of the microprocessor-associated proteins regulates microRNA biogenesis. Nucleic Acids Res 48:96-115 (2020). PubMed: 31777917
- Obama T et al. Cooperative Action of Oxidized Low-Density Lipoproteins and Neutrophils on Endothelial Inflammatory Responses Through Neutrophil Extracellular Trap Formation. Front Immunol 10:1899 (2019). PubMed: 31447863
- Kollenstart L et al. Gcn5 and Esa1 function as histone crotonyltransferases to regulate crotonylation-dependent transcription. J Biol Chem 294:20122-20134 (2019). PubMed: 31699900
- Arimura Y et al. The CENP-A centromere targeting domain facilitates H4K20 monomethylation in the nucleosome by structural polymorphism. Nat Commun 10:576 (2019). PubMed: 30718488
- Mayer KS et al. HDA9-PWR-HOS15 Is a Core Histone Deacetylase Complex Regulating Transcription and Development. Plant Physiol 180:342-355 (2019). PubMed: 30765479