製品名Glycogen Assay Kit II (Colorimetric)
Glycogen キット 製品一覧
サンプルの種類Tissue, Adherent cells, Suspension cells
検出感度> 4 µg/ml
検出範囲4 µg/ml - 40 µg/ml
種交差性交差種: Other species, Mammals
Glycogen Assay Kit II (Colorimetric) ab169558 provides a simple, fast and robust way to measure glycogen levels in biological samples.
This glycogen assay is suitable for measuring glycogen levels in samples that contain reducing substances, which may interfere with oxidase-based assays (such as our most popular glycogen assay kit ab65620).
In this glycogen assay protocol, glycogen is hydrolyzed into glucose, which is oxidized to form an intermediate that reduces a colorless probe to a colored product with strong absorbance at 450 nm. This high-throughput suitable assay kit can detect 4 - 40 µg/ml of glycogen in samples.
Glycogen assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add hydrolysis enzyme and incubate for 30 min at room temp
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min at room temp
- analyze with microplate reader
Review our Metabolism Assay Guide to learn about assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also about how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 ラベル 100 tests Development Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Green 1 vial Glycogen Development Buffer 1 x 25ml Glycogen Hydrolysis Buffer 1 x 25ml Glycogen Standard (2.0 mg/ml) Yellow 1 x 100µl Hydrolysis Enzyme Mix (lyophilized) Blue 1 vial Probe 1 vial
関連性Glycogen is the primary short term energy storage molecule in animals. It is synthesized primarily in the liver and muscle. Glycogen is a highly branched polymer of glucose molecules, connected with an alpha-1,4 linkage, branching via an alpha-1,6 linkage. Abnormal ability to utilize glycogen is found in diabetes and in several genetic glycogen storage diseases.
Glycogen measured in cell lysates showing quantity (µg) per 1 mln cells.
Samples with the concentration of 1e7 cells/mL (HeLa) and 6.6e6 cells/mL (HCT116) were used. Samples were diluted 2-6 fold.
Glycogen measured in tissue lysates showing quantity (µg) per mg of extracted protein.
Protein concentration for samples varied from 25 mg/mL to 50 mg/mL. Samples were diluted 2-54 fold.
Standard curve: mean of duplicates (+/- SD) with background reads subtracted
Glycogen level was highest in Alstonville larvae (n = 10 biological rep/mitotype).
ab169558 は 9 報の論文で使用されています。
- Zhang Q et al. Lack of muscle mTOR kinase activity causes early onset myopathy and compromises whole-body homeostasis. J Cachexia Sarcopenia Muscle 10:35-53 (2019). PubMed: 30461220
- Aubert G et al. Deletion of Sulfonylurea Receptor 2 in the Adult Myocardium Enhances Cardiac Glucose Uptake and Is Cardioprotective. JACC Basic Transl Sci 4:251-268 (2019). PubMed: 31061927
- Koronowski KB et al. Defining the Independence of the Liver Circadian Clock. Cell 177:1448-1462.e14 (2019). PubMed: 31150621
- Rovira Gonzalez YI et al. Mss51 deletion enhances muscle metabolism and glucose homeostasis in mice. JCI Insight 4:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31527314
- Yang Q et al. PRKAA1/AMPKa1-driven glycolysis in endothelial cells exposed to disturbed flow protects against atherosclerosis. Nat Commun 9:4667 (2018). PubMed: 30405100
- Granatiero V et al. Role of p66shc in skeletal muscle function. Sci Rep 7:6283 (2017). Functional Studies ; Mouse . PubMed: 28740219
- Iuchi H et al. Time-dependent effects of ipragliflozin on behaviour and energy homeostasis in normal and type 2 diabetic rats: continuous glucose telemetry analysis. Sci Rep 7:11906 (2017). Functional Studies ; Rat . PubMed: 28928461
- Peng X et al. Thioredoxin reductase 1 suppresses adipocyte differentiation and insulin responsiveness. Sci Rep 6:28080 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27346647
- Perry MC et al. Estrogen-related receptor-a coordinates transcriptional programs essential for exercise tolerance and muscle fitness. Mol Endocrinol 28:2060-71 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25361393