製品名Glutamate Assay Kit
Glutamate キット 製品一覧
サンプルの種類Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Cell Lysate
Glutamate Assay Kit ab83389 provides a sensitive detection method of the glutamate in a variety of samples.
The glutamate assay kit will only measure free glutamate levels but not glutamic acid found in the backbone of peptides or proteins.
In the glutamate assay protocol, the enzyme mix recognizes glutamate as a specific substrate leading to proportional color development.The amount of glutamate can therefore be easily quantified by colorimetric spectrophotometry at OD = 450 nm.
Glutamate assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min at 37ºC
- analyze with microplate reader
EDTA plasma may not be used with the ab83389 Glutamate Assay Kit. EDTA can interfere with the assay.
Review our Metabolism Assay Guide to learn about assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also about how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 ラベル 100 tests Glutamate Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Glutamate Developer (Lyophilised) Red 1 vial Glutamate Enzyme Mix (Lyophilised) Green 1 vial Glutamate Standard (0.1M) Yellow 1 x 100µl
関連性Glutamate, one of the two acidic proteinogenic amino acids, is also a key molecule in cellular metabolism. In humans, glutamate plays an important role both in amino acid degradation and disposal of excess or waste nitrogen. Glutamate is the most abundant swift excitatory neurotransmitter in the mammalian nervous system. It is believed to be involved in learning and memory and has appeared to be involved in diseases like amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, lathyrism, autism, some forms of mental retardation and Alzheimer's disease. Glutamic acid is also present in a wide variety of foods, and has been used as a flavor enhancer in food industry.
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhou Q et al. LincRNA-p21 suppresses glutamine catabolism and bladder cancer cell growth through inhibiting glutaminase expression. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30902882) »
- Zhang K et al. miR-9 regulates ferroptosis by targeting glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase GOT1 in melanoma. Mol Carcinog N/A:N/A (2018). Read more (PubMed: 30035324) »