Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2E17] to Gemin 2
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG1
製品名Anti-Gemin 2 antibody [2E17]
Gemin 2 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Mouse monoclonal [2E17] to Gemin 2
アプリケーション適用あり: Flow Cytmore details
種交差性交差種: Human, Xenopus laevis
His-Gemin 2 fusion protein (amino acids 12 - 280, starting at 2nd methionine).
Involved in biogenesis of spliceosomal snRNPs, forms complex with Survival of Motor Neurons (SMN) protein, interacts tightly with spliceosomal proteins and spliceosomal snRNAs U1 and U5.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
バッファーPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
精製度Protein A purified
特記事項（精製）Purified from supernatant.
一次抗体 備考Involved in biogenesis of spliceosomal snRNPs, forms complex with Survival of Motor Neurons (SMN) protein, interacts tightly with spliceosomal proteins and spliceosomal snRNAs U1 and U5.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6084 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
機能The SMN complex plays an essential role in spliceosomal snRNP assembly in the cytoplasm and is required for pre-mRNA splicing in the nucleus.
配列類似性Belongs to the gemin-2 family.
細胞内局在Nucleus > gem. Cytoplasm. Localized in subnuclear structures next to coiled bodies, called gems, which are highly enriched in spliceosomal snRNPs. Also found in the cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- Component of gems 2 antibody
- Gem (nuclear organelle) associated protein 2 antibody
- Gem associated protein 2 antibody
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab6084 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab6084, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab6084 は 8 報の論文で使用されています。
- Staropoli JF et al. Rescue of gene-expression changes in an induced mouse model of spinal muscular atrophy by an antisense oligonucleotide that promotes inclusion of SMN2 exon 7. Genomics 105:220-8 (2015). PubMed: 25645699
- Groen EJ et al. ALS-associated mutations in FUS disrupt the axonal distribution and function of SMN. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23681068
- Sanchez G et al. A novel function for the survival motoneuron protein as a translational regulator. Hum Mol Genet : (2012). PubMed: 23136128
- Wu CY et al. Proteomic assessment of a cell model of spinal muscular atrophy. BMC Neurosci 12:25 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21385431
- Burnett BG et al. Regulation of SMN protein stability. Mol Cell Biol 29:1107-15 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19103745
- Walker MP et al. SMN complex localizes to the sarcomeric Z-disc and is a proteolytic target of calpain. Hum Mol Genet 17:3399-410 (2008). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 18689355
- Morency E et al. A novel cell response triggered by interphase centromere structural instability. J Cell Biol 177:757-68 (2007). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 17548509
- Renvoisé B et al. Distinct domains of the spinal muscular atrophy protein SMN are required for targeting to Cajal bodies in mammalian cells. J Cell Sci 119:680-92 (2006). PubMed: 16449324