Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to GAL4
- Suitable for: WB, ChIP
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
GAL4 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Rabbit polyclonal to GAL4
特異性Customers feedbacks suggests that this antibody would not provide satisfactory results in Drosophila melanogaster.
アプリケーション適用あり: WB, ChIPmore details
種交差性交差種: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
非交差種: Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Saccharomyces cerevisiae GAL4 aa 100-200 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal with GAL4-VP16 recombinant protein.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1396 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 99 kDa.|
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
関連性Function: This protein is a positive regulator for the gene expression of the galactose-induced genes such as GAL1, GAL2, GAL7, GAL10, and MEL1 which encode for the enzymes used to convert galactose to glucose. It recognizes a 17 base pair sequence in (5'-CGGRNNRCYNYNCNCCG-3') the upstream activating sequence (UAS-G) of these genes. Subunit structure: Binds DNA as a homodimer. Interacts directly with the mediator subunits GAL11/MED15 and SRB4/MED17. Domain: The 9aaTAD motif (residues 862 to 870) is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors. Post-translational modification: Association between GAL11 and GAL4 may serve to expedite phosphorylation of GAL4.
- Gal4p antibody
- GAL81 antibody
- Regulatory protein GAL4 antibody
Anti-GAL4 (ab1396) antibody at 1ug/ml.
Lane 1: Marker.
Lane 2A: Whole cell yeast lysate control from untransformed SEY6210 pep4-3 strain (a kind gift from Prof. Tom Stevens from University of Oregon).
Lane 2B: Whole cell yeast lysate from SEY6210 pep4-3 strain transformed with pJK22-pGBDU plasmid containing GAL4 DNA Binding domain fused to the VPS60 Gene (a kind gift from Prof. Tom Stevens from University of Oregon).
Lane 2C: Whole cell yeast lysate from SEY6210 pep4-3 strain transformed with pJk23-pGAD plasmid containing GAL4 Active Domain fused to the VPS60 Gene (a kind gift from Prof. Tom Stevens from University of Oregon).
Secondary: HRP conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit secondary antibody at 1/10000 dilution.
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Additional bands: 56 kDa (possible isoform, Fusion Protein)
Developed using the ECL technique. Performed under reducing conditions with exposure time of 5 mins. The samples run on a 4-20% gradient gel. All blocking and antibody incubation steps done in 5% milk in 20mM Tris-HCl plus 0.1% TWEEN-20.
A stably transfected 293T human cell line harbouring the GAL4 upstream activation sequence was transiently transfected with a V5 or T7- tagged GAL4 DNA Binding Domain construct. 48 hours post transfection Chromatin was prepared according to the Abcam X-ChIP protocol. The ChIP was performed with 25 ug chromatin, 5ug of antibody and 20 ul of Protein A/G beads. A non-specific antibody was used as the negative control. The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (SYBR Green approach).
S. cerevisiae cells were incubated in raffinose-containing media then transferred to galactose-containing media to activate transcription of galactose activated genes. IP was performed with 500µl of cell extract incubated overnight with 5µl of ab1396 at 4°C, followed by the addition of 25µl of protein A sepharose beads and incubation for 2 hours (room temp). The subsequently purified DNA was analysed with 3 pairs of primers (see diagram). The results show that Gal4 binds specifically to the UAS region of Gal1-Gal10 in both raffinose and galactose, despite only 500-600bp between the UAS and 5' primer.
Anti-GAL4 antibody (ab1396) at 1 µg/ml + GAL4-VP16 Recombinant Protein at 0.1 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 99 kDa
Observed band size: 32 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
ab1396 was tested against GAL4-VP16 Recombinant Protein predicted to run at 28 kDa.
ab1396 は 10 報の論文で使用されています。
- Elison GL et al. Insights into Bidirectional Gene Expression Control Using the Canonical GAL1/GAL10 Promoter. Cell Rep 25:737-748.e4 (2018). PubMed: 30332652
- Li J et al. Development of a membrane-anchored ligand and receptor yeast two-hybrid system for ligand-receptor interaction identification. Sci Rep 6:35631 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27762338
- Roedgaard M et al. DNA Topoisomerases Are Required for Preinitiation Complex Assembly during GAL Gene Activation. PLoS One 10:e0132739 (2015). WB, ChIP ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 26173127
- Yang J et al. GEMIN4 functions as a coregulator of the mineralocorticoid receptor. J Mol Endocrinol 54:149-60 (2015). PubMed: 25555524
- Chen X et al. Activation of a human chromosomal replication origin by protein tethering. Nucleic Acids Res 41:6460-74 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23658226
- Inturi R et al. Adenovirus precursor pVII protein stability is regulated by its propeptide sequence. PLoS One 8:e80617 (2013). WB . PubMed: 24260437
- Dawson MA et al. Three distinct patterns of histone H3Y41 phosphorylation mark active genes. Cell Rep 2:470-7 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22999934
- Knutson BA & Hahn S Domains of Tra1 important for activator recruitment and transcription coactivator functions of SAGA and NuA4 complexes. Mol Cell Biol 31:818-31 (2011). ChIP ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 21149579
- Pinskaya M et al. H3 lysine 4 di- and tri-methylation deposited by cryptic transcription attenuates promoter activation. EMBO J 28:1697-707 (2009). ChIP ; Saccharomyces cerevisiae . PubMed: 19407817
- Ghosh M et al. Transcription factor binding and induced transcription alter chromosomal c-myc replicator activity. Mol Cell Biol 24:10193-207 (2004). WB . PubMed: 15542830