製品名Free Fatty Acid Assay Kit - Quantification
サンプルの種類Cell culture supernatant, Urine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts
検出感度> 2 µM
Free Fatty Acid Assay Kit ab65341 uses a convenient, sensitive enzyme-based method for detecting long-chain free fatty acids in various mammalian and other samples, such as serum, plasma and other body fluids, food, growth media, etc.
In the free fatty acid assay protocol, fatty acids are converted to their CoA derivatives (coenzyme A), which are subsequently oxidized, leading to formation of color/ fluorescence. Fatty acids can then be easily quantified by either colorimetric (λ= 570 nm) or fluorometric (Ex/Em= 535/587 nm) methods. Palmitic acid is used to generate a standard curve.
Free fatty acid assay protocol summary:
- add samples and standards to wells
- add reaction mix and incubate for 30 min at 37ºC
- analyze with microplate reader
Previously called Free Fatty Acid Quantification Assay Kit.
This assay detects C-8 (octanoate) and longer fatty acids.
Review our Metabolism Assay Guide to learn about assays for metabolites, metabolic enzymes, mitochondrial function, and oxidative stress, and also about how to assay metabolic function in live cells using your plate reader.
How other researchers have used Free Fatty Acid Assay Kit ab65341
This Free Fatty Acid assay kit has been used in publications in a variety of sample types, including:
- Human: cell culture lysates1, serum2
- Mouse: plasma and liver tissue3, serum4, plasma5, heart tissue6, liver7
- Rat: serum8, plasma9, cytosol of articular chondrocyte primary cell cultures10
- Cell culture medium11
- C reinhardtii algae12
- C elegans14
References: 1 - Ali A et al 2018, Phokrai P et al 2018; 2 - Tahapary DL et al 2018; 3 - Becares et al 2019; 4 - Pan J et al 2019, Maatta J et al 2018, Rohm M et al 2018, Shimazu T et al 2018; 5 - Woo M et al 2018, Tian X et al 2017; 6 - Liu W et al 2017; 7 - Hao et al 2017, Rui W et al 2016; 8 - Honore SM et al 2018; 9 - Van der Werf et al 2018;10 - Lee SW et al 2018; 11 - Kostrzewski T et al 2017; 12 - Ramanan R et al 2018; 13 - Scopelliti A et al 2019; 14 - Pollard AK et al 2019
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
保存方法Store at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
内容 ラベル 100 tests ACS Reagent Blue 1 vial Enhancer Purple 1 x 200µl Fatty Acid Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Fatty Acid enzyme mix Green 1 vial Fatty Acid Probe (in DMSO) Red 1 x 200µl Palmitic Acid Standard (1nmol/µl) Yellow 1 x 300µl
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Fatty acids
関連性Fatty acids are carboxylic acids with long hydrocarbon chains. The hydrocarbon chain length may vary from 8-30 carbons. Fatty acids play very important roles in normal metabolism and many disease development. They are precursors to a number of bioactive classes of compounds such as prostaglandins, leucotrienes and others, and have been implicated in diverse functions such as autism, immune system and inflammation response.
Lipolysis were evaluated by measuring free fatty acids released into the culture medium of siCreg1 or si-Scramble 3T3-L1 cells using ab65341, which were treated with BMS-345541 (5 µmol/L), an NF-κB pathway inhibitor, or vehicle (DMSO) for 48 hours prior to lipolysis assessment. ns, no significance; and ***P<0.001.
Plasma FFA levels were measured using ab65341 in male and female wild-type (WT) or AT2KO mice either on normal diet (ND) or high fat diet (HFD).
Colorimetric standard curve: mean of duplicates (+/-SD) with background readings subtracted.
Free Fatty Acid measured in biologicals showing concentration (µM).
Flourometric standard curve: mean of duplicates (+/-SD) with background readings subtracted.
ab65341 は 96 報の論文で使用されています。
- Hoffmann JM et al. BMP4 gene therapy enhances insulin sensitivity but not adipose tissue browning in obese mice. Mol Metab 32:15-26 (2020). PubMed: 32029225
- Park S et al. Maternal obesity-induced endoplasmic reticulum stress causes metabolic alterations and abnormal hypothalamic development in the offspring. PLoS Biol 18:e3000296 (2020). PubMed: 32163401
- Petäistö T et al. Lack of collagen XVIII leads to lipodystrophy and perturbs hepatic glucose and lipid homeostasis. J Physiol N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32449518
- Pannia E et al. Folic acid content of diet during pregnancy determines post-birth re-set of metabolism in Wistar rat dams. J Nutr Biochem 83:108414 (2020). PubMed: 32544644
- Li J et al. Adipose HuR protects against diet-induced obesity and insulin resistance. Nat Commun 10:2375 (2019). PubMed: 31147543