Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to EKLF / KLF1 - ChIP Grade
- Suitable for: ChIP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
特記事項（精製）Purified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19074263|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
A 1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product. Preliminary experiments gave an approx 52kDa band in K562 cell lysate after 1ug/ml antibody staining. Please note that currently we cannot find an explanation in the literature for the band we observe given the predicted size of 38kDa according to NP_006554. The 52kDa band was successfully blocked by incubation with the immunizing peptide
機能Transcription regulator of erythrocyte development that probably serves as a general switch factor during erythropoiesis. Is a dual regulator of fetal-to-adult globin switching. Binds to the CACCC box in the beta-globin gene promoter and acts as a preferential activator of this gene. Furthermore, it binds to the BCL11A promoter and activates expression of BCL11A, which in turn represses the HBG1 and HBG2 genes. This dual activity ensures that, in most adults, fetal hemoglobin levels are low. Able to activate CD44 and AQP1 promoters. When sumoylated, acts as a transcriptional repressor by promoting interaction with CDH2/MI2beta and also represses megakaryocytic differentiation.
組織特異性Expression restricted to adult bone marrow and fetal liver. Not expressed in myeloid nor lymphoid cell lines.
関連疾患Defects in KLF1 are the cause of congenital dyserythropoietic anemia type 4 (CDA4) [MIM:613673]. It is a blood disorder characterized by ineffective erythropoiesis and hemolysis resulting in anemia. Circulating erythroblasts and erythroblasts in the bone marrow show various morphologic abnormalities. Affected individuals with CDA4 also have increased levels of fetal hemoglobin.
配列類似性Belongs to the krueppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 3 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
翻訳後修飾Acetylated; can be acetylated on both Lys-274 and Lys-288. Acetylation on Lys-274 (by CBP) appears to be the major site affecting EKLF transactivation activity.
Sumoylated; sumoylation, promoted by PIAS1, leads to repression of megakaryocyte differentiation. Also promotes the interaction with the CDH4 subunit of the NuRD repression complex.
Phosphorylated primarily on serine residues in the transactivation domain. Phosphorylation on Thr-23 is critical for the transactivation activity.
細胞内局在Nucleus. Colocalizes with SUMO1 in nuclear speckles.
- Information by UniProt
- CDAN4 antibody
- EKLF antibody
- EKLF PEN antibody
Detection of EKLF / KLF1 binding at the region upstream of the transcription start site of the HBE1 gene by ChIP with ab2483. Chromatin from CD43+ cells was cross-linked prior to ChIP using ab2483 at a concentration of 0.2 µg/µg chromatin. DNA was quantified using RT-PCR. Please see abreview by Genpathway Inc for additional details.
ab2483 は 13 報の論文で使用されています。
- Fanis P et al. A novel mutation in the erythroid transcription factor KLF1 is likely responsible for ameliorating ß-thalassemia major. Hum Mutat 40:1768-1780 (2019). PubMed: 31115947
- Nakagawa MM & Rathinam CV Constitutive Activation of the Canonical NF-?B Pathway Leads to Bone Marrow Failure and Induction of Erythroid Signature in Hematopoietic Stem Cells. Cell Rep 25:2094-2109.e4 (2018). PubMed: 30463008
- Chennupati V et al. Ribonuclease inhibitor 1 regulates erythropoiesis by controlling GATA1 translation. J Clin Invest 128:1597-1614 (2018). PubMed: 29408805
- Li Y et al. MicroRNA 200a inhibits erythroid differentiation by targeting PDCD4 and THRB. Br J Haematol 176:50-64 (2017). PubMed: 27734462
- Kim YW & Kim A Deletion of transcription factor binding motifs using the CRISPR/spCas9 system in the ß-globin LCR. Biosci Rep N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28729249