製品名DNMT Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
DNMT キット 製品一覧
アッセイタイプEnzyme activity (quantitative)
種交差性交差種: Mouse, Rat, Human, Drosophila melanogaster, Plants
交差が予測される動物種: Mammals, Fungi
DNMT Activity Quantification Kit (Colorimetric) ab113467 allows the user to colorimetrically measure DNA methyltransferase activity or inhibition at extremely fast speed on a 96-strip well microplate.
The kit is ready-to-use and provides all the essential components needed to carry out a successful DNMT activity/inhibition experiment without the need for radioactivity or any special equipment.
In the DNMT assay protocol, DNMT enzymes in a sample transfer methyl groups from Adomet to a DNMT DNA substrate coated onto microplate wells. The methylated DNA is bound with a 5-methylcytosine antibody. A secondary antibody binds the 5-methylcytosine antibody, and the enzyme-conjugated secondary antibody is detected using a chromogenic enzyme substrate.
DNMT assay protocol summary:
- add samples, positive controls, and samples with inhibitor to wells
- incubate for 90-120 min, and wash wells three times with wash buffer
- add capture antibody, incubate for 60 min, and wash wells
- add detection antibody, incubate for 30 min, and wash wells
- add enhancer solution, incubate for 30 min, and wash wells
- add developer solution, incubate for 1-10 min
- add stop solution and analyze with a microplate reader
DNMT (DNA methylases) is a family of enzymes responsible for the addition of methyl groups on the cytosine ring at the 5' position of a CpG dinucleotide. The DNMT family is required for the establishment and maintenance of DNA methylation patterns.
保存方法Please refer to protocols.
内容 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 14ml 1 x 28ml 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 6 units 12 units Adhesive Covering Film 1 unit 1 unit Adomet, 50X 1 x 60µl 1 x 120µl Capture Antibody, 1000 µg/mL 1 x 5µl 1 x 10µl Detection Antibody, 400 µg/mL 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl Developer Solution 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml DNMT Assay Buffer 1 x 4ml 1 x 8ml DNMT Enzyme Control, 50 µg/mL 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl Enhancer Solution 1 x 6µl 1 x 12µl Stop Solution 1 x 5ml 1 x 10ml
Demonstration of high sensitivity and specificity of the DNMT activity/inhibition assay achieved by using recombinant DNMT1 with ab113467.
Demonstration of high sensitivity and specificity of the DNMT activity assay achieved by using nuclear extracts with ab113467. Nuclear extracts were prepared from MCF-7 cells using ab113474.
This product has been referenced in:
- O'Leary VB et al. Long non-coding RNA PARTICLE bridges histone and DNA methylation. Sci Rep 7:1790 (2017). Functional Studies ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 28496150) »
- Panikar CS et al. Presence of DNA methyltransferase activity and CpC methylation in Drosophila melanogaster. Mol Biol Rep N/A:N/A (2015). Functional Studies ; Drosophila melanogaster . Read more (PubMed: 26547851) »