Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to C3
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Recombinant fragment
- Isotype: IgY
C3 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Chicken polyclonal to C3
アプリケーション適用あり: ELISAmore details
種交差性交差種: Recombinant fragment
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Use a concentration of 1 - 2 µg/ml.
機能C3 plays a central role in the activation of the complement system. Its processing by C3 convertase is the central reaction in both classical and alternative complement pathways. After activation C3b can bind covalently, via its reactive thioester, to cell surface carbohydrates or immune aggregates.
Derived from proteolytic degradation of complement C3, C3a anaphylatoxin is a mediator of local inflammatory process. It induces the contraction of smooth muscle, increases vascular permeability and causes histamine release from mast cells and basophilic leukocytes.
関連疾患Defects in C3 are the cause of complement component 3 deficiency (C3D) [MIM:120700]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway. Patients develop recurrent, severe, pyogenic infections because of ineffective opsonization of pathogens. Some patients may also develop autoimmune disorders, such as arthralgia and vasculitic rashes, lupus-like syndrome and membranoproliferative glomerulonephritis.
Genetic variation in C3 is associated with susceptibility to age-related macular degeneration type 9 (ARMD9) [MIM:611378]. ARMD is a multifactorial eye disease and the most common cause of irreversible vision loss in the developed world. In most patients, the disease is manifest as ophthalmoscopically visible yellowish accumulations of protein and lipid that lie beneath the retinal pigment epithelium and within an elastin-containing structure known as Bruch membrane.
Defects in C3 are a cause of susceptibility to hemolytic uremic syndrome atypical type 5 (AHUS5) [MIM:612925]. An atypical form of hemolytic uremic syndrome. It is a complex genetic disease characterized by microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, renal failure and absence of episodes of enterocolitis and diarrhea. In contrast to typical hemolytic uremic syndrome, atypical forms have a poorer prognosis, with higher death rates and frequent progression to end-stage renal disease. Note=Susceptibility to the development of atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome can be conferred by mutations in various components of or regulatory factors in the complement cascade system. Other genes may play a role in modifying the phenotype.
配列類似性Contains 1 anaphylatoxin-like domain.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
翻訳後修飾C3b is rapidly split in two positions by factor I and a cofactor to form iC3b (inactivated C3b) and C3f which is released. Then iC3b is slowly cleaved (possibly by factor I) to form C3c (beta chain + alpha' chain fragment 1 + alpha' chain fragment 2), C3dg and C3f. Other proteases produce other fragments such as C3d or C3g.
Phosphorylation sites are present in the extracelllular medium.
- Information by UniProt
- Acylation stimulating protein cleavage product antibody
- AHUS5 antibody
- ARMD9 antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab14232 は 6 報の論文で使用されています。
- González-Espinoza G et al. Depletion of Complement Enhances the Clearance of Brucella abortus in Mice. Infect Immun 86:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30082480
- Lynskey NN et al. Multi-functional mechanisms of immune evasion by the streptococcal complement inhibitor C5a peptidase. PLoS Pathog 13:e1006493 (2017). PubMed: 28806402
- Koester DC et al. Non-invasive identification of protein biomarkers for early pregnancy diagnosis in the cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus). PLoS One 12:e0188575 (2017). WB . PubMed: 29236714
- Pietzsch J et al. A mouse model for HIV-1 entry. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15859-64 (2012). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 23019371
- Insenser M et al. Proteomic analysis of plasma in the polycystic ovary syndrome identifies novel markers involved in iron metabolism, acute-phase response, and inflammation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:3863-70 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20484478
- Brink TC et al. Activation of the immune response is a key feature of aging in mice. Biogerontology 10:721-34 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19255868