Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Bid
- Suitable for: IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Preservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 30% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
精製度Immunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2561 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
機能The major proteolytic product p15 BID allows the release of cytochrome c (By similarity). Isoform 1, isoform 2 and isoform 4 induce ICE-like proteases and apoptosis. Isoform 3 does not induce apoptosis. Counters the protective effect of Bcl-2.
組織特異性Isoform 2 and isoform 3 are expressed in spleen, bone marrow, cerebral and cerebellar cortex. Isoform 2 is expressed in spleen, pancreas and placenta (at protein level). Isoform 3 is expressed in lung, pancreas and spleen (at protein level). Isoform 4 is expressed in lung and pancreas (at protein level).
ドメインIntact BH3 motif is required by BIK, BID, BAK, BAD and BAX for their pro-apoptotic activity and for their interaction with anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family.
翻訳後修飾TNF-alpha induces a caspase-mediated cleavage of p22 BID into a major p15 and minor p13 and p11 products.
Phosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
p15 BID is ubiquitinated by ITCH; ubiquitination results in proteasome-dependent degradation.
細胞内局在Cytoplasm; Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion membrane. When uncleaved, it is predominantly cytoplasmic; Mitochondrion membrane. A significant proportion of isoform 2 localizes to mitochondria, it may be cleaved constitutively; Mitochondrion membrane. Associated with the mitochondrial membrane and Mitochondrion membrane. Translocates to mitochondria as an integral membrane protein.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptic death agonist antibody
- Apoptotic death agonist BID antibody
- BH3 interacting domain death agonist antibody
ab2561 は 3 報の論文で使用されています。
- Edison N et al. The IAP-antagonist ARTS initiates caspase activation upstream of cytochrome C and SMAC/Diablo. Cell Death Differ 19:356-68 (2012). PubMed: 21869827
- McKernan DP & Cotter TG A Critical role for Bim in retinal ganglion cell death. J Neurochem 102:922-30 (2007). PubMed: 17442051
- Emeterio EP et al. Modulation of apoptosis in the mouse brain after morphine treatments and morphine withdrawal. J Neurosci Res 83:1352-61 (2006). PubMed: 16496378