Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [E6-6] to Bestrophin/BEST1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
製品名Anti-Bestrophin/BEST1 antibody [E6-6]
Bestrophin/BEST1 一次抗体 製品一覧
製品の詳細Mouse monoclonal [E6-6] to Bestrophin/BEST1
アプリケーション適用あり: WBmore details
種交差性交差種: Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
交差が予測される動物種: Non human primates非交差種: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Goat
- IHC-Fr: Pig retinal pigment epithelium tissue. ICC/IF: Bovine retinal pigment epithelium (RPE). WB: Human RPE cell lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Bestrophin
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
バッファーPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2182 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
機能Forms calcium-sensitive chloride channels. Highly permeable to bicarbonate.
組織特異性Predominantly expressed in the basolateral membrane of the retinal pigment epithelium.
関連疾患Defects in BEST1 are the cause of vitelliform macular dystrophy type 2 (VMD2) [MIM:153700]; also known as Best macular dystrophy (BMD). VMD2 is an autosomal dominant form of macular degeneration that usually begins in childhood or adolescence. VMD2 is characterized by typical 'egg-yolk' macular lesions due to abnormal accumulation of lipofuscin within and beneath the retinal pigment epithelium cells. Progression of the disease leads to destruction of the retinal pigment epithelium and vision loss.
Defects in BEST1 are the cause of retinitis pigmentosa type 50 (RP50) [MIM:613194]. A retinal dystrophy belonging to the group of pigmentary retinopathies. RP is characterized by retinal pigment deposits visible on fundus examination and primary loss of rod photoreceptor cells followed by secondary loss of cone photoreceptors. Patients typically have night vision blindness and loss of midperipheral visual field. As their condition progresses, they lose their far peripheral visual field and eventually central vision as well.
Defects in BEST1 are a cause of adult-onset vitelliform macular dystrophy (AVMD) [MIM:608161]. AVMD is a rare autosomal dominant disorder with incomplete penetrance and highly variable expression. Patients usually become symptomatic in the fourth or fifth decade of life with a protracted disease of decreased visual acuity.
Defects in BEST1 are the cause of bestrophinopathy autosomal recessive (ARB) [MIM:611809]. A retinopathy characterized by central visual loss, an absent electro-oculogram light rise, and a reduced electroretinogram.
Defects in BEST1 are the cause of vitreoretinochoroidopathy autosomal dominant (ADVIRC) [MIM:193220]. A disorder characterized by vitreoretinochoroidal dystrophy. The clinical presentation is variable and may be associated with cataract, nanophthalmos, microcornea, shallow anterior chamber, and glaucoma.
配列類似性Belongs to the bestrophin family.
翻訳後修飾Phosphorylated by PP2A.
細胞内局在Cell membrane. Basolateral cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ARB antibody
- BEST 1 antibody
- BEST antibody
Anti-Bestrophin/BEST1 antibody [E6-6] (ab2182) at 1/1000 dilution + Human RPE cell lysate
All lanes : Anti-Bestrophin/BEST1 antibody [E6-6] (ab2182) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human RPE, retinal pigment epithelial cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non transfected HEK 293 cell extract
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP-conjugated goat anti-mouse
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Observed band size: 67 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 5 minutes
The primary antobody was diluted in PBS/Tween/5%Milk and incubated for 1.5 hours at 25°C.
ab2182 は 22 報の論文で使用されています。
- Hazim RA et al. Rapid differentiation of the human RPE cell line, ARPE-19, induced by nicotinamide. Exp Eye Res 179:18-24 (2019). PubMed: 30336127
- Shen H et al. A novel xeno-free culture system for human retinal pigment epithelium cells. Int J Ophthalmol 12:563-570 (2019). PubMed: 31024807
- Wood SR et al. A Quantitative Chloride Channel Conductance Assay for Efficacy Testing of AAV.BEST1. Hum Gene Ther Methods 30:44-52 (2019). PubMed: 30963787
- Bai X et al. Generation of an integration-free induced pluripotent stem cell line (FDEENTi003-A) from a patient with pathological myopia. Stem Cell Res 39:101495 (2019). PubMed: 31376721
- Buskin A et al. Disrupted alternative splicing for genes implicated in splicing and ciliogenesis causes PRPF31 retinitis pigmentosa. Nat Commun 9:4234 (2018). PubMed: 30315276