Endonuclease enzyme BaseMuncher is a non-specific endonuclease that is used for the removal of nucleic acid from protein samples. Our ultrapure endonuclease hydrolyzes both single stranded and double stranded, along with circular and linear nucleic acids (DNA and RNA) to 5-phosphorylated oligonucleotides of 1-4 bases in length.
Recombinantly produced in E. coli using the Benzonase gene in a proprietary process, BaseMuncher is a highly purified homodimer of 27kDa subunits that have exceptionally high specific activity and is completely free of protease activity. BaseMuncher is ideal for reducing viscosity during protein purification and sample preparation.
One Unit of BaseMuncher converts 1.0 OD260 of salmon sperm DNA into acid soluble nucleotides in 30 minutes at 37°C in a reaction buffer of 50mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 and 1mM MgCl2. This corresponds to complete digestion of 50g of salmon sperm DNA into oligonucleotides.
Features & Benefits:
Exceptionally high endonuclease specificity for DNA and RNA
Ultrapure to >99%
Free of protease activity
High purity and high concentration grade
Easy protein purification –Reduced viscosity during sample preparation
100x greater activity than DNAase
Cheaper than Benzonase; but the same quality and efficiency.
This product is manufactured by Expedeon, an Abcam company. Expedeon product code BM0025 was previously called BaseMuncher Endonuclease >99% Ultrapure - 25,000 Units (1 x 100 µL) and is the same as the 25,000 unit size of this product. Expedeon product code BM0100 was previously called BaseMuncher Endonuclease >99% Ultrapure - 100,000 Units (4 x 100 µL) and is is the same as the 100,000 unit size.
保存方法Shipped at room temperature. Store at -20°C.
バッファーConstituents: 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.1% Magnesium chloride hexahydrate, 0.6% Tris, 0.3% Sodium chloride, 45% Water, 0.025% Enzyme
Concentration information loading...
BaseMuncher Endonuclease is purified by a proprietary process to be >99% pure by SDS-PAGE.
50 mg of salmon sperm DNA was incubated with the indicated units of BaseMuncher Endonuclease and another brand of nuclease at 37°C for 30 mins in a buffer containing 50 mM Tris-HCl; pH 8.0 and 1 mM MgCl2.
DNA digestion was monitored by agarose gel.
ab270049 は 7 報の論文で使用されています。
- Rezelj VV et al. M Segment-Based Minigenomes and Virus-Like Particle Assays as an Approach To Assess the Potential of Tick-Borne Phlebovirus Genome Reassortment. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30567991
- Fogg PCM Identification and characterization of a direct activator of a gene transfer agent. Nat Commun 10:595 (2019). PubMed: 30723210
- Sherlock D et al. Identification of the First Gene Transfer Agent (GTA) Small Terminase in Rhodobacter capsulatus and Its Role in GTA Production and Packaging of DNA. J Virol 93:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31534034
- Fogg PCM et al. Recombination directionality factor gp3 binds ?C31 integrase via the zinc domain, potentially affecting the trajectory of the coiled-coil motif. Nucleic Acids Res 46:1308-1320 (2018). PubMed: 29228292
- Liao C et al. UCHL3 Regulates Topoisomerase-Induced Chromosomal Break Repair by Controlling TDP1 Proteostasis. Cell Rep 23:3352-3365 (2018). PubMed: 29898404
- Fogg PCM et al. Genome Integration and Excision by a New Streptomyces Bacteriophage, ?Joe. Appl Environ Microbiol 83:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28003200
- Brennan B et al. Mapping of Transcription Termination within the S Segment of SFTS Phlebovirus Facilitated Generation of NSs Deletant Viruses. J Virol 91:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28592543