Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to ATM
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
保存方法Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
バッファーPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.021% PBS, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris
Concentration information loading...
特記事項（精製）Affinity purified using the immunising peptide immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2631 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2500 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 350 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 350 kDa).|
機能Serine/threonine protein kinase which activates checkpoint signaling upon double strand breaks (DSBs), apoptosis and genotoxic stresses such as ionizing ultraviolet A light (UVA), thereby acting as a DNA damage sensor. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [ST]-Q. Phosphorylates 'Ser-139' of histone variant H2AX/H2AFX at double strand breaks (DSBs), thereby regulating DNA damage response mechanism. Also plays a role in pre-B cell allelic exclusion, a process leading to expression of a single immunoglobulin heavy chain allele to enforce clonality and monospecific recognition by the B-cell antigen receptor (BCR) expressed on individual B lymphocytes. After the introduction of DNA breaks by the RAG complex on one immunoglobulin allele, acts by mediating a repositioning of the second allele to pericentromeric heterochromatin, preventing accessibility to the RAG complex and recombination of the second allele. Also involved in signal transduction and cell cycle control. May function as a tumor suppressor. Necessary for activation of ABL1 and SAPK. Phosphorylates p53/TP53, FANCD2, NFKBIA, BRCA1, CTIP, nibrin (NBN), TERF1, RAD9 and DCLRE1C. May play a role in vesicle and/or protein transport. Could play a role in T-cell development, gonad and neurological function. Plays a role in replication-dependent histone mRNA degradation. Binds DNA ends.
組織特異性Found in pancreas, kidney, skeletal muscle, liver, lung, placenta, brain, heart, spleen, thymus, testis, ovary, small intestine, colon and leukocytes.
関連疾患Defects in ATM are the cause of ataxia telangiectasia (AT) [MIM:208900]; also known as Louis-Bar syndrome, which includes four complementation groups: A, C, D and E. This rare recessive disorder is characterized by progressive cerebellar ataxia, dilation of the blood vessels in the conjunctiva and eyeballs, immunodeficiency, growth retardation and sexual immaturity. AT patients have a strong predisposition to cancer; about 30% of patients develop tumors, particularly lymphomas and leukemias. Cells from affected individuals are highly sensitive to damage by ionizing radiation and resistant to inhibition of DNA synthesis following irradiation.
Note=Defects in ATM contribute to T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (TALL) and T-prolymphocytic leukemia (TPLL). TPLL is characterized by a high white blood cell count, with a predominance of prolymphocytes, marked splenomegaly, lymphadenopathy, skin lesions and serous effusion. The clinical course is highly aggressive, with poor response to chemotherapy and short survival time. TPLL occurs both in adults as a sporadic disease and in younger AT patients.
Note=Defects in ATM contribute to B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphomas (BNHL), including mantle cell lymphoma (MCL).
Note=Defects in ATM contribute to B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (BCLL). BCLL is the commonest form of leukemia in the elderly. It is characterized by the accumulation of mature CD5+ B lymphocytes, lymphadenopathy, immunodeficiency and bone marrow failure.
配列類似性Belongs to the PI3/PI4-kinase family. ATM subfamily.
Contains 1 FAT domain.
Contains 1 FATC domain.
Contains 1 PI3K/PI4K domain.
ドメインThe FATC domain is required for interaction with KAT5.
翻訳後修飾Phosphorylated by NUAK1/ARK5. Autophosphorylation on Ser-367, Ser-1893, Ser-1981 correlates with DNA damage-mediated activation of the kinase.
Acetylation, on DNA damage, is required for activation of the kinase activity, dimer-monomer transition, and subsequent autophosphorylation on Ser-1981. Acetylated in vitro by KAT5/TIP60.
細胞内局在Nucleus. Cytoplasmic vesicle. Primarily nuclear. Found also in endocytic vesicles in association with beta-adaptin.
- Information by UniProt
- A-T mutated antibody
- A-T mutated homolog antibody
- AT mutated antibody
ab2631 は 9 報の論文で使用されています。
- Li CG et al. PPAR? Interaction with UBR5/ATMIN Promotes DNA Repair to Maintain Endothelial Homeostasis. Cell Rep 26:1333-1343.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30699358
- Li T et al. Loss of p53-mediated cell-cycle arrest, senescence and apoptosis promotes genomic instability and premature aging. Oncotarget 7:11838-49 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26943586
- Turner KM et al. Genomically amplified Akt3 activates DNA repair pathway and promotes glioma progression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:3421-6 (2015). PubMed: 25737557
- Osterman M et al. Elevated DNA damage response in pancreatic cancer. Histochem Cell Biol 142:713-20 (2014). PubMed: 25002126
- Stephan H et al. Ionizing radiation-dependent and independent phosphorylation of the 32-kDa subunit of replication protein A during mitosis. Nucleic Acids Res 37:6028-41 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19671522
- Liu X et al. Acquired resistance to combination treatment with temozolomide and ABT-888 is mediated by both base excision repair and homologous recombination DNA repair pathways. Mol Cancer Res 7:1686-92 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19825992
- De Schutter H et al. A systematic assessment of radiation dose enhancement by 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine and histone deacetylase inhibitors in head-and-neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:904-12 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19215824
- Turner NC et al. A synthetic lethal siRNA screen identifying genes mediating sensitivity to a PARP inhibitor. EMBO J : (2008). WB ; Human . PubMed: 18388863
- McCabe N et al. Deficiency in the repair of DNA damage by homologous recombination and sensitivity to poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase inhibition. Cancer Res 66:8109-15 (2006). WB . PubMed: 16912188