製品名Apamin, blocker of small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels
製品の詳細Blocker of small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels
生理活性の詳細Peptide neurotoxin that naturally occurs in Apis mellifera bee venom. Blocks small conductance Ca2+ activated K+ channels (SK). Selective for KCa2.1-2.3 (SK1-3) isoforms. Blocks hSK1, rSK2 and liver rSK3 (IC50 values are 8 nM, 83 pM and 0.6 nM, respectively).
配列CNCKAPETALCARRCQQH (Modifications: C-terminal amide; Disulfide bonds: 1-11, 3-15)
保存方法Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in water
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Confocal images from a transcardially-fixed rat brain previously injected with blockers (left-side dorsal striatum, Left DMS) and blockers plus apamin (right-side dorsal striatum, Right DMS) showing double staining for ChAT and p-Ser240–244-S6rp. Top panels are low-magnification images showing several cholinergic interneurons in the same focal plane. Bottom panels are higher magnification images showing p-S6rp signal intensity in CINs from the left (blockers) and right (blockers + apamin) striata of the same animal. Insets show corresponding ChAT staining.
Bertran-Gonzalez J et al., PloS one., 7(12): e53195. Fig 6B.; doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0053195
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120268 は 8 報の論文で使用されています。
- Sahu G et al. Junctophilin Proteins Tether a Cav1-RyR2-KCa3.1 Tripartite Complex to Regulate Neuronal Excitability. Cell Rep 28:2427-2442.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31461656
- Wang M et al. Regulation of Spontaneous Contractions in Intact Rat Bladder Strips and the Effects of Hydrogen Peroxide. Biomed Res Int 2018:2925985 (2018). PubMed: 29511675
- Vieira C et al. Post-inflammatory Ileitis Induces Non-neuronal Purinergic Signaling Adjustments of Cholinergic Neurotransmission in the Myenteric Plexus. Front Pharmacol 8:811 (2017). PubMed: 29167643
- Meadows JP et al. Dynamic DNA methylation regulates neuronal intrinsic membrane excitability. Sci Signal 9:ra83 (2016). PubMed: 27555660
- Yang K Regulation of excitability in tonic firing substantia gelatinosa neurons of the spinal cord by small-conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channels. Neuropharmacology 105:15-24 (2016). PubMed: 26777279
- Yee AG et al. Effects of the Parkinsonian toxin MPP+ on electrophysiological properties of nigral dopaminergic neurons. Neurotoxicology 45:1-11 (2014). PubMed: 25193392
- Bertran-Gonzalez J et al. Striatal cholinergic interneurons display activity-related phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6. PLoS One 7:e53195 (2012). PubMed: 23285266
- Yang H & Xu-Friedman MA Developmental mechanisms for suppressing the effects of delayed release at the endbulb of Held. J Neurosci 30:11466-75 (2010). PubMed: 20739568