製品名alpha-Bungarotoxin, Subtype-selective alpha7 nAChR antagonist
製品の詳細Subtype-selective α7 nAChR antagonist
生理活性の詳細Irreversible antagonist of nicotinic acethylcholine receptors (nAChRs). 74-aa polypeptide derived from the venom of the banded krait, Bungarus multicinctus. Selective for α7 receptors over α3β4 receptors (IC50 values are 1.6 nM and >3 μM, respectively). Blocks neuromuscular transmission. Inhibits opening of nicotinic receptor-associated ion channels.
配列IVCHTTATSPISAVTCPPGENLCYRKMWCDAFCSSRGKVVELGCAATCPSKKPYEEVTCCSTDKCNPHPKQRPG (Modifications: Disulfide bonds: 3-23, 16-44, 29-33, 48-59, 60-65)
保存方法Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in any aqueous buffer. It is recommended that all preparations are centrifuged before use.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one week. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Escape responses from touch and optical stimulation of wild type and myo6b:ChR2 transgenic larvae.
Briefly, larvae were anesthetized, mounted, and microinjected in the heart with 125 µM α-bungarotoxin to block muscle activity.
(A) Diagram depicting the Mauthner cells (M), a pair of neurons in the hindbrain of teleost fish. The axons of the M-cells project into the spinal cord where they synapse on primary motor neurons and elements of the central pattern generator responsible for left-right tail motions. (B, C) Diagrams of the setup for field recordings of M-cell potentials from larval zebrafish. (B) A waterjet was used to stimulate touch receptors on the head of a larva embedded in low melt agarose. (C) For optical stimuli, field potentials were collected from free-swimming transgenic larvae. (D) In both wild type and myo6b:ChR2 transgenic larvae, the M-cell was activated in response to a 100-ms touch stimulus (onset at arrowhead). (E) In wild-type larvae, the M-cell was not activated by flashes of ∼470-nm light (n = 18). Transgenic myo6b:ChR2 larva responded to ∼470-nm light with both a field potential (n = 55; scale bar 2 ms for D and E) and an escape response (not shown). (F) Increasing the duration of optical flashes increased the percentage of observed field potentials (seen in E) and escape responses in transgenic larvae (n = 12). Note that flashes that were 100-ms or greater resulted in 100% success rate for observed escape responses and field potentials.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120542 は 7 報の論文で使用されています。
- Srinivasan SS et al. Towards functional restoration for persons with limb amputation: A dual-stage implementation of regenerative agonist-antagonist myoneural interfaces. Sci Rep 9:1981 (2019). PubMed: 30760764
- Liu Q et al. a7 Nicotinic acetylcholine receptor-mediated anti-inflammatory effect in a chronic migraine rat model via the attenuation of glial cell activation. J Pain Res 11:1129-1140 (2018). PubMed: 29942148
- Zhao D et al. Pharmacologic activation of cholinergic alpha7 nicotinic receptors mitigates depressive-like behavior in a mouse model of chronic stress. J Neuroinflammation 14:234 (2017). PubMed: 29197398
- Lu XX et al. Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Alpha7 Subunit Mediates Vagus Nerve Stimulation-Induced Neuroprotection in Acute Permanent Cerebral Ischemia by a7nAchR/JAK2 Pathway. Med Sci Monit 23:6072-6081 (2017). PubMed: 29274273
- Monesson-Olson BD et al. Optical stimulation of zebrafish hair cells expressing channelrhodopsin-2. PLoS One 9:e96641 (2014). PubMed: 24791934
- Ye F et al. Recognition of Bungarus multicinctus venom by a DNA aptamer against ß-bungarotoxin. PLoS One 9:e105404 (2014). PubMed: 25144237
- Hicks MR et al. Biomechanical strain vehicles for fibroblast-directed skeletal myoblast differentiation and myotube functionality in a novel coculture. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 307:C671-83 (2014). PubMed: 25122874