製品名Kainic acid, prototypic kainate receptor agonist
製品の詳細Prototypic kainate receptor agonist
生理活性の詳細Prototypic agonist at the kainate class of ionotropic glutamate receptors. Potent excitant and neurotoxin, used to model epilepsy and neurodegenerative states. Also available in Kit(s): Ionotropic agonists (ab120323).
Also available in simple stock solutions (ab144490) - add 1 ml of water to get an exact, ready-to-use concentration.
保存方法Store at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in water to 25 mM
This product is supplied in one (or more) pack size which is freeze dried. Therefore the contents may not be readily visible, as they can coat the bottom or walls of the vial. Please see our FAQs and information page for more details on handling.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab120100 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120100 は 52 報の論文で使用されています。
- Brill AL et al. Polycystin 2 is increased in disease to protect against stress-induced cell death. Sci Rep 10:386 (2020). PubMed: 31941974
- Chen B et al. A disinhibitory nigra-parafascicular pathway amplifies seizure in temporal lobe epilepsy. Nat Commun 11:923 (2020). PubMed: 32066723
- Levine AT et al. Cardiac dysregulation following intrahippocampal kainate-induced status epilepticus. Sci Rep 10:4043 (2020). PubMed: 32132552
- Kur IM et al. Neuronal activity triggers uptake of hematopoietic extracellular vesicles in vivo. PLoS Biol 18:e3000643 (2020). PubMed: 32176686
- Soud K et al. The C-terminal flanking peptide of neuropeptide Y (NPY) is not essential for seizure-suppressant actions of prepro-NPY overexpression in male rats. J Neurosci Res 97:362-372 (2019). PubMed: 30367522