製品名(-)-Epigallocatechin gallate, antioxidant flavonoid
製品の詳細Potent antioxidant flavonoid
- Epicatechin 3-gallate
Potent antioxidant flavonoid. Displays anticancer, antitumour activity and induces apoptosis. Modulates numerous cell signalling pathways, such as inhibiting NF-κB, MAPK and COX-2 pathways. Also shows anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiviral activities (EC50 = ~22 μM for inhibition of influenza virus).
Purity greater than 98%.
保存方法Store at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
溶解性Soluble in water to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Cholesterol Metabolism
This product has been referenced in:
- Khan N et al. Targeting multiple signaling pathways by green tea polyphenol (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate. Cancer Res 66:2500-5 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 16510563) »
- Williamson MP et al. Epigallocatechin gallate, the main polyphenol in green tea, binds to the T-cell receptor, CD4: Potential for HIV-1 therapy. J Allergy Clin Immunol 118:1369-74 (2006). Read more (PubMed: 17157668) »
- Song JM et al. Antiviral effect of catechins in green tea on influenza virus. Antiviral Res 68:66-74 (2005). Read more (PubMed: 16137775) »